The Harry and Meghan fuss

No offence but I’ve seen your posts and you’re biased on this.

It’s the same day, that’s why it was pulled.

Next week, knock yourselves out and I’ll tell you why you’re wrong to get rid of the monarchy but right now, TODAY, chill out will you?
In amongst the lovely tributes and genuinely heartfelt posts, there were one or two posts that made me laugh out loud during this difficult evening.
One of which was when you called Oliver Cromwell a ****.
Whatever he did to you, let it go fella :-)

No offence but I’ve seen your posts and you’re biased on this.

It’s the same day, that’s why it was pulled.

Next week, knock yourselves out and I’ll tell you why you’re wrong to get rid of the monarchy but right now, TODAY, chill out will you?
No offence taken, I do have a strong views on the monarchy.

I stand by my opinion that pulling a thread discussing their relevance seems over the top. As I've said, conversations on this are taking place around the world so why not on this forum?

If people think it's too soon, they can join the conversation when they feel it's appropriate, but let those who feel it is an appropriate time to have that discussion now, be able to do so.

I don't see it as being in any way untimely or indeed disrespectful to The Queen, as it's a conversation about the institution not her.

There aren't nearly as many republicans and anti-monarchists as we think, but boy are they loud.

As for the thread title she has brought everything she is getting on her self, she comments on just about everything and she gets it back, the USA is welcome to her and the anti-monarchists can use her as a focal point all they want.

Hopefully William wont be as kind to Harry and his loud complaining wife as the Queen was.

There aren't nearly as many republicans and anti-monarchists as we think, but boy are they loud.

As for the thread title she has brought everything she is getting on her self, she comments on just about everything and she gets it back, the USA is welcome to her and the anti-monarchists can use her as a focal point all they want.

Hopefully William wont be as kind to Harry and his loud complaining wife as the Queen was.
I hear far more from people who are anti-Meghan than I do from her. I suggest doing a Google search - Meghan press bias - and then click images. There you will see enough evidence of what is going on, and what has gone on, with one royal condemned for exactly the same behaviours as another is lauded.

I hear far more from people who are anti-Meghan than I do from her. I suggest doing a Google search - Meghan press bias - and then click images. There you will see enough evidence of what is going on, and what has gone on, with one royal condemned for exactly the same behaviours as another is lauded.
The difference in reporting in the Daily Mail regarding Meghan and Kate touching their baby bumps is a classic case in point

I know I should stay away from social media but my god, the constant hatred and vitriol towards these two is off the scale

Likes of GB News, Mail and other right wing platforms absolutely obsessed in criticising and silencing them

Harry is in Germany promoting the Invictus Games for the disabled and disadvantaged - Yet he is getting constant hate and abuse from the right wing trolls.

I wish it didn’t bother me seen as I don’t really care about Harry or Meghan, but seeing a couple of people I personally know so easily swayed and constantly spouting their hatred online about them constantly does bother me, sigh, rant over
Kaiser Chiefs had it spot on in their lyrics for The Angry Mob:

"We are the angry mob
We read the papers everyday
We like who we like, we hate who we hate
But we're also easily swayed"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.