The Harry and Meghan fuss

I wouldn't go as far to say that the Palace PR machine supported the Mail's stance but they certainly didn't do much, if anything, to stop them printing their bile. I suppose you could argue that equates to supporting them but I think it's a bit more complex than that. The impression I get is that the Palace and the Royal Family in general need the press and as such are shit scared of ever calling them out. Apart from Harry, I can't think of anyone else who has ever had the balls to take them on and with that in mind I suppose it's no wonder that he and his wife get such a bad press over here, with them (the British press) even skriking that Harry and Meghan would sooner engage with the American press than the British press.

It seems on this occasion though that somebody definitely has "had a word" and told the Mail that enough is enough, and that weaponising the Queen's death in order to print more negative stories about Harry and his wife isn't on.

There have been previous cases - Charles had one for certain - but they were more for invasion of privacy (photos) or publication of private correspondence (diaries). Nothing as direct as Harry's.

I think mostly the Palace take the view that they can't pursue one thing without pursuing everything, and that is not what they do. Maybe things will change a bit now.

I agree that someone's probably reined in Dacre, but then he's rumoured to be after a title in Johnson's bribery honours - it would pay to be able to show some kind of decency, even if it's only for a week or two.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.