The Harry and Meghan fuss

It is clear that the Daily Mail has now been briefed to change tack, which makes their previous stance ever-more-likely to have been supported by the palace PR machine. These headlines would never have appeared, even two days ago.

Harry, the 'gentle' prince! Fans gush over the royal chatting to children about their favourite football teams and cradling a baby during the walkabout at Windsor

Royal fans 'swoon' over Prince Harry's sweet gesture after he opens and closes his wife Meghan Markle's car door during walkabout with Prince William and Kate Middleton in Windsor

Now, I hope that this is an end to the relentless bullying, especially of Meghan, but it makes me more cynical as to the palace's influence on our press...find anything about the cash for peerages allegations recently?

It is clear that the Daily Mail has now been briefed to change tack, which makes their previous stance ever-more-likely to have been supported by the palace PR machine. These headlines would never have appeared, even two days ago.

Harry, the 'gentle' prince! Fans gush over the royal chatting to children about their favourite football teams and cradling a baby during the walkabout at Windsor

Royal fans 'swoon' over Prince Harry's sweet gesture after he opens and closes his wife Meghan Markle's car door during walkabout with Prince William and Kate Middleton in Windsor

Now, I hope that this is an end to the relentless bullying, especially of Meghan, but it makes me more cynical as to the palace's influence on our press...find anything about the cash for peerages allegations recently?

Get the funeral out of the way then the 2nd one will change to " Childish Meghan refuses to get out of the car until Harry opens her door " - and " Kate leaps out of her car after she opens the door herself"

Already Charles is being slagged off because of the manner in which he wanted a desk cleared - he only had to sign a legal and history making document afterall - couldn't he have just placed it over Camilla's back and done it ffs I mean what does a few holes poked in a document like that by a pen nib matter?

Seems we got half an hour of deference before it all started again. The video of Dan Wootten is piss funny.

Republicans support Harry and the monarchists support the monarchy.

There isn't any honesty in the conversation at all.

Republicans support Harry and the monarchists support the monarchy.

There isn't any honesty in the conversation at all.

Meghan is attacked by the right-wing press and "royal reporters", that should be obvious to even the most ardent supporter of the monarchy. She is treated differently, the evidence is there.

There's no honesty in the conversation about Harry and Meghan because nobody knows the reason why this is the case and more importantly why it's been allowed to continue.

They are just waiting with a load of disrespect lines when reporting the funeral.

I thought the body language was significant. Harry and Meghan looked devoted to one another, at quite an early stage of love, in fact. William and 'Kate' looked detached at best. If my wife put several feet between us while we were walking about in public - without a very particular reason - I'd be quite worried. It looks - well, strained.

One of the many reasons I dislike the whole concept of monarchy is that it forces even its own members to conform, and quite often to live unhappily. Harry was wise to get out IMHO if he could not stomach that mindless conformity.

I thought the body language was significant. Harry and Meghan looked devoted to one another, at quite an early stage of love, in fact. William and 'Kate' looked detached at best. If my wife put several feet between us while we were walking about in public - without a very particular reason - I'd be quite worried. It looks - well, strained.

One of the many reasons I dislike the whole concept of monarchy is that it forces even its own members to conform, and quite often to live unhappily. Harry was wise to get out IMHO if he could not stomach that mindless conformity.
What's mad is that some Harry and Meghan haters are trying to claim it was them two who looked uncomfortable!

I wouldn't go as far to say that the Palace PR machine supported the Mail's stance but they certainly didn't do much, if anything, to stop them printing their bile. I suppose you could argue that equates to supporting them but I think it's a bit more complex than that. The impression I get is that the Palace and the Royal Family in general need the press and as such are shit scared of ever calling them out. Apart from Harry, I can't think of anyone else who has ever had the balls to take them on and with that in mind I suppose it's no wonder that he and his wife get such a bad press over here, with them (the British press) even skriking that Harry and Meghan would sooner engage with the American press than the British press.

It seems on this occasion though that somebody definitely has "had a word" and told the Mail that enough is enough, and that weaponising the Queen's death in order to print more negative stories about Harry and his wife isn't on.

I wouldn't go as far to say that the Palace PR machine supported the Mail's stance but they certainly didn't do much, if anything, to stop them printing their bile. I suppose you could argue that equates to supporting them but I think it's a bit more complex than that. The impression I get is that the Palace and the Royal Family in general need the press and as such are shit scared of ever calling them out. Apart from Harry, I can't think of anyone else who has ever had the balls to take them on and with that in mind I suppose it's no wonder that he and his wife get such a bad press over here, with them (the British press) even skriking that Harry and Meghan would sooner engage with the American press than the British press.

It seems on this occasion though that somebody definitely has "had a word" and told the Mail that enough is enough, and that weaponising the Queen's death in order to print more negative stories about Harry and his wife isn't on.
It's hard to know, isn't it? I suspect an earlier word could have stopped the bullying, which has been utterly relentless.
From well before he met Meghan:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.