The Harry and Meghan fuss

Genuine question; do you think your opinion matters when King Charles III openly expresses love for both Harry and Meghan Markle and knows there are bridges to mend?

Why would you assume a brother would turn his back on his sibling and not want to, also, mend the bridge?
Because they genuinely have no idea that they are just pawns in the game of clickbait. The papers know that they have the bait to tempt those of a certain mindset and they go for it, relentlessly, because it drives advertising revenue. Those that hate what is said click to object and those that support it click to feed their narrative. It has gone on so long now that they absolutely believe it but could not give any detail on what she has actually done, with evidence, to prove the reason for such hatred of a young woman.
I watched the video of the two couples strolling together earlier. The fact that Kate was detached from the group - standing a couple of feet away from the others - will be Meghan's doing. Meghan holding hands with Harry will be described as some failure to meet protocol and, of course, Kate stayed away from Balmoral because of a duty to her children while Meghan stayed away because she was told to, being the divisive force that she is. As for The Mail, they will just feed the beast and then send their profits to the tax haven of Bermuda, making no contribution to the country's services, and their readers will be grateful.

Last edited:
Sky news are just as bad, Charles “ordered“ Meghan and Harry out to meet and greet alongside William and Kate and put aside there differences. I’m thinking that Charles had a great deal of other things to do beside telling Meghan and Harry what to do. It’s also surprising how the reporters take up the baton and run with the made up story.
24 hour news leaves so much time for them to fill with fabricated stories. I wish there was something we could do, we are the ones missing out as a country by not having them as part of the royal family.
I’ve never been a Royal watcher and it’s probably since City’s takeover that I realised how bad the media can be.

Nice to see them together.

Can’t say I blame Harry one bit for removing him and his wife from the circus though. He watched the British media literally drive his mother into an early grave and he could see the same thing happening to his wife. They’re better off in America away from it all.

William and Harry both seem like nice lads. I’m sure there’s no “feud” at all in reality. Will gets it I’m sure.

Sky news are just as bad, Charles “ordered“ Meghan and Harry out to meet and greet alongside William and Kate and put aside there differences. I’m thinking that Charles had a great deal of other things to do beside telling Meghan and Harry what to do. It’s also surprising how the reporters take up the baton and run with the made up story.
24 hour news leaves so much time for them to fill with fabricated stories. I wish there was something we could do, we are the ones missing out as a country by not having them as part of the royal family.
I’ve never been a Royal watcher and it’s probably since City’s takeover that I realised how bad the media can be.
Have you watched Tomorrow Never Dies recently?

Seemed so far fetched back in the day.

It was ahead of its time.

The most depressing thing about this Mail campaign against Meghan Markle is that the main reason why they are doing it is because it is commercially good for them. Racist content (and that's what it is) always sells well. The Mail knows full well what it is doing. They are pushing against an open door. There are a lot of behind closed doors racists in this country. Meghan is not one of us is she?
It is the same reason why the Mail has been amongst the most vicious critics of City's owner. This policy will go down well with a large chunk of their readership (not just LFC and MUFC fans). Afer all Sheikh Mansour is not an independent investor is he? He is of Arabic heritage that means he is obviously working for his dodgy government. You can't trust any of them can you?
It is very sad that in 2022 these narratives still get so much coverage. But racism is much more subtle these days. Not like the days of "Love Thy Neighbour" and the "Black and White Minstrel Show."

Spot on

Can’t say I blame Harry one bit for removing him and his wife from the circus though. He watched the British media literally drive his mother into an early grave and he could see the same thing happening to his wife. They’re better off in America away from it all.

William and Harry both seem like nice lads. I’m sure there’s no “feud” at all in reality. Will gets it I’m sure.
I thought it was a pissed French man?

Why on earth would anyone stay in a country that routinely abuses someone you love?

Other than the fact that the subject matter apparently divides opinion, why is this particular thread in the Politics Subforum? Genuinely wondering.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.