The Harry and Meghan fuss

It wasn’t “after” a conversation about titles, it was a direct response to the question about why he didn’t get a title!!!
Guess what? Often when someone gives an interview - even one that isn't off the cuff and has been planned in advance like this one - the conversation can veer off into all different directions when a question is asked. The two incidents - discussions over titles and a question to Harry over Archie's skin colour - didn't both happen on the same day at the same sitting with the same people. They were separate incidents. And Meghan probably went into mentioning that incident at that point of the interview as it was an appropriate time to do so because Oprah was asking a question about race.

Yes.
And I think she was right given she asked and was given no explanation.

I note you didn't answer my last question.
Considering it’s the first question you or that other guy has answered from me, forgive me if I’ve missed just one of yours.

You think she was right?

But she later admits she was told about the George V convention.

So she did get an explanation?

Guess what? Often when someone gives an interview - even one that isn't off the cuff and has been planned in advance like this one - the conversation can veer off into all different directions when a question is asked. The two incidents - discussions over titles and a question to Harry over Archie's skin colour - didn't both happen on the same day at the same sitting with the same people. They were separate incidents. And Meghan probably went into mentioning that incident at that point of the interview as it was an appropriate time to do so because Oprah was asking a question about race.
Oprah asked two main questions about Archie’s titles and in both answers she mentions is skin colour, in the 2nd she mentions concerns from a Royal about skin colour in answer to a question about titles.

@oldius believes she is letting people know it was because of racism and he thinks she’s right.

You disagree tho?

Probably right. I think some people are eager to link the two parts of it, out of an overly defensive insecurity about racism, and only they know why they think like that.

The conversation about Archie took place before they left.

Disingenuous?
The conversation took place when Meghan was pregnant and she admits to knowing about the George V convention on why Archie won’t be a Prince when he’s born.

“Disingenuous” is those pretending otherwise.

Probably right. I think some people are eager to link the two parts of it, out of an overly defensive insecurity about racism, and only they know why they think like that.
Or we take people’s word for what it is, when they’ve answered a direct question.

Oprah asked two main questions about Archie’s titles and in both answers she mentions is skin colour, in the 2nd she mentions concerns from a Royal about skin colour in answer to a question about titles.

@oldius believes she is letting people know it was because of racism and he thinks she’s right.

You disagree tho?
You’ve mentioned skin colour in most of your posts.

You're worse than Meghan. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.