mosssideblue said:
CrownPointBlue said:
BlueTG Is right....get The POZNAN back.
It's fun
It's inclusive
It's visual & ends noisy
Its a good start
It's still associated with CITY & our success

Poznan does it for me. Brilliant spectacle which I'm sure the players enjoy also (IMO)

Mind if only two do it, doesnt have the same clout:)

Totally agree, the period of the Poznan was when we were invincible at home and played some outstanding football. Coincidence ? I think not. The players openly stated they loved it and it was a great way of the whole ground showing their appreciation for the team. Plus, it was a great spectacle.

I truly believe it is this sort of thing that does make City fans special.

whp.blue said:
cyberblue said:
Brendan110_0 said:
What is our match day revenue (ticket price only?) My bet is it's a drop in the ocean and will fall as soon as we're in a great FFP position.
Agreed they could & should charge less for certain tickets for certain games charging £50 odd to school leavers .students .low wage earners does not make sense ,for many people the average take home pay is around £225 a week how many times per season are people on that sort of wage going to shell out a big percentage of there earnings ?

it is sad for those individuals however as the crowds prove plenty can afford £50 and much more if I am being honest
football is a business and they don't give a flying fuck if you were away at York but can't afford to go any more the sell out crowds prove you have been replaced. also wake up and realise whilst the ground is selling out the club don't care about fans moaning about the atmosphere on the internet

the club will only really react if the ground is half empty and not even then if the seats have been sold

the police are so against standing as it makes crowd control so much harder so even if you get passed the crowd safety argument you will still have the police fighting against standing

I've never seen that arguement. The stewards following club instructions are resposible for getting the fans to sit down. Police only step in if a crime is/has been committed. Standing in a football stadium isn't illegal so police would only step in if a supporter(s) started kicking off and refused to obey the club's security instruction to leave the stadium. This sort of thing just causes agro which clubs don't want, thus now you don't even see stewards doing bird impressions in the Etithad anymore.

dobobobo said:
117 M34 said:
Didn't the report out a few weeks back in which we had 6th biggest turnover say the reason we aren't in the top 5 is because of our relatively low match day income?

Also never understood why pee say cheaper tickets will create a better atmosphere. Do people say I've paid x amount of money, I'm not wasting it by standing here singing?

Would obviously like to pay less for my season ticket but think we will have a long wait for even a price free never mind a cut

Because cheaper tickets means young lads can afford to buy a ticket and have few pints before the match and then make some noise. The middle class and middle aged (who can afford the tickets and thus make up the majority) don't do this anymore because it's all part of getting older. This problem is up and down the land of football. Atleast, with City's stadium expansion there should be an opportunity when it is all done to create a section up in the Gods that offers cheaper match day tickets and in turn the young lads will make some noise and it will bounce off the new roof and down into the rest of the stadium.

I'm sorry but this is something that I have never ever been able to understand. If they can afford to "have a few pints before the match" then they can afford dearer tickets. If they have to have a few pints before they can make some noise heaven help them!! I've been going to matches for over 55 years now and I have never had a drink (apart from the Middlesborough match a couple of weeks ago when I was in a box) but I've always managed to make a lot of noise. (again apart from the Middlesborough match because it was very quiet in there but I did manage a few shouts)

Please don't think I'm criticising, each to his/her own, if you have to have a drink to make a noise fair enough but if you can afford the drink you can afford the dearer tickets, in my humble opinion. It just puzzles me. :-)

Sad. I've been ill the past three months. Havn't seen any of the home matches on TV. Didn't realize support was that way.
That really isn't the problem with American football yet. If you want to feel better, go look at some videos of my hometown MLS
team, the Portland Timbers. It isn't Europe. But the team is one of the oldest (football) pro teams in the USA and has never been
disbanded. The fans, The Timber Army, are really one of a kind. Their sell out streak goes back a few years. The love affair with the town
reminds me of the best tradition of pro football.

dobobobo said:
whp.blue said:
cyberblue said:
Agreed they could & should charge less for certain tickets for certain games charging £50 odd to school leavers .students .low wage earners does not make sense ,for many people the average take home pay is around £225 a week how many times per season are people on that sort of wage going to shell out a big percentage of there earnings ?

it is sad for those individuals however as the crowds prove plenty can afford £50 and much more if I am being honest
football is a business and they don't give a flying fuck if you were away at York but can't afford to go any more the sell out crowds prove you have been replaced. also wake up and realise whilst the ground is selling out the club don't care about fans moaning about the atmosphere on the internet

the club will only really react if the ground is half empty and not even then if the seats have been sold

the police are so against standing as it makes crowd control so much harder so even if you get passed the crowd safety argument you will still have the police fighting against standing

I've never seen that arguement. The stewards following club instructions are resposible for getting the fans to sit down. Police only step in if a crime is/has been committed. Standing in a football stadium isn't illegal so police would only step in if a supporter(s) started kicking off and refused to obey the club's security instruction to leave the stadium. This sort of thing just causes agro which clubs don't want, thus now you don't even see stewards doing bird impressions in the Etithad anymore.

you are confusing the standing in seated areas as it is now with uncontrolled standing areas, where the police find it harder to gain access to trouble makers and even harder to identify individuals the police oppose standing areas in the respect of crowd trouble

Eccles Blue said:
dobobobo said:
117 M34 said:
Didn't the report out a few weeks back in which we had 6th biggest turnover say the reason we aren't in the top 5 is because of our relatively low match day income?

Also never understood why pee say cheaper tickets will create a better atmosphere. Do people say I've paid x amount of money, I'm not wasting it by standing here singing?

Would obviously like to pay less for my season ticket but think we will have a long wait for even a price free never mind a cut

Because cheaper tickets means young lads can afford to buy a ticket and have few pints before the match and then make some noise. The middle class and middle aged (who can afford the tickets and thus make up the majority) don't do this anymore because it's all part of getting older. This problem is up and down the land of football. Atleast, with City's stadium expansion there should be an opportunity when it is all done to create a section up in the Gods that offers cheaper match day tickets and in turn the young lads will make some noise and it will bounce off the new roof and down into the rest of the stadium.

I'm sorry but this is something that I have never ever been able to understand. If they can afford to "have a few pints before the match" then they can afford dearer tickets. If they have to have a few pints before they can make some noise heaven help them!! I've been going to matches for over 55 years now and I have never had a drink (apart from the Middlesborough match a couple of weeks ago when I was in a box) but I've always managed to make a lot of noise. (again apart from the Middlesborough match because it was very quiet in there but I did manage a few shouts)

Please don't think I'm criticising, each to his/her own, if you have to have a drink to make a noise fair enough but if you can afford the drink you can afford the dearer tickets, in my humble opinion. It just puzzles me. :-)

I totally agree, but as I cling on to that generation by my finger tips (I'm 32) I see a lot of people of that generation wanting to spend their money on other things these days. Thus, if they are going to spend so much on a match ticket, they want to make a day out of it, and in this country it usually involves alcohol.

Not saying I am 100% right, but just basing my opinion on what I see.

whp.blue said:
dobobobo said:
whp.blue said:

you are confusing the standing in seated areas as it is now with uncontrolled standing areas, where the police find it harder to gain access to trouble makers and even harder to identify individuals the police oppose standing areas in the respect of crowd trouble

But there is no standing areas in the Etihad? It's all seats, as per the legal requirement.

One day football fan's will be treated like normal human beings. Not alot to ask really especially when we pay for the supposed privilege.

dobobobo said:
whp.blue said:
dobobobo said:

But there is no standing areas in the Etihad? It's all seats, as per the legal requirement.

yes I am aware of that but normally when these threads spring up the poor atmosphere is normally blamed on the fact we charge too much for tickets and we should bring back standing

neither of which is likely to be changed any time soon

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.