The home support is terrible

Ducado said:
Bluep*ss said:
dodobobo said.........

The gap which younger generations can fill is all down to the price of football in the Premier League. That's why, following the announcement of the Premier League £5.14bn TV deal this week, there have been many calling for it to be a duty of Premier League clubs to use part of that income to ensure younger generations have the opportunity to attend matches...................................

Why do not City pave the way and price next years season tickets -? for 16's to 29 years of age - All £299.
10,000 might sign up.?.

Why would they do that? They don't have a problem selling season tickets
In Germany they have a different critirea .they can charge a lot more for tickets than they do but they dont need to so they dont .& what a great fanbase they have sold out early every game & a vibrant atmosphere

cyberblue said:
Ducado said:
Bluep*ss said:
dodobobo said.........

The gap which younger generations can fill is all down to the price of football in the Premier League. That's why, following the announcement of the Premier League £5.14bn TV deal this week, there have been many calling for it to be a duty of Premier League clubs to use part of that income to ensure younger generations have the opportunity to attend matches...................................

Why do not City pave the way and price next years season tickets -? for 16's to 29 years of age - All £299.
10,000 might sign up.?.

In Germany they have a different critirea .they can charge a lot more for tickets than they do but they dont need to so they dont .& what a great fanbase they have sold out early every game & a vibrant atmosphere

What is our match day revenue (ticket price only?) My bet is it's a drop in the ocean and will fall as soon as we're in a great FFP position.

Brendan110_0 said:
cyberblue said:
Ducado said:

What is our match day revenue (ticket price only?) My bet is it's a drop in the ocean and will fall as soon as we're in a great FFP position.
Agreed they could & should charge less for certain tickets for certain games charging £50 odd to school leavers .students .low wage earners does not make sense ,for many people the average take home pay is around £225 a week how many times per season are people on that sort of wage going to shell out a big percentage of there earnings ?

grim up north said:
dobobobo said:
burning blue soul said:
Its because people have a problem with affording them.

Aye.

And I didn't say owt about it just being problem caused by City. A United fan (he's not a Rag) I know is 21 and has to pay £700 (appprox) for his standard-seat season ticket, plus is forced to buy tickets for any cup matches, plus has to wait three years after continously buying a season card before he can apply for the raffle for away tickets.

People need look beyond City and see that this is a problem for many clubs with young fans not being able to afford tickets.

P.S. Last I heard (last year) it were 10 fucking quid to watch Altrincham at home!
All united fans are rags even my mates

Yet, Blues on here point at other Blues and say they don't deserve tickets, but say nothing when 500 tickets at the Chelsea away match are allocated by City as corporate.

philiph20 said:
I would much prefer our pessimism than the Liverpool fans singing it in February and genuinely believing it.

I agree. But because they have that unjustified optimism it means they go to matches expecting to win, expecting to enjoy the occassion. It just doesnt occur to them that if it all goes pear shaped they'll look a bit silly. We're much more reserved, more self aware. Whilst I prefer that mindset, it doesnt necessarily make for a great atmosphere.

cibaman said:
philiph20 said:
I would much prefer our pessimism than the Liverpool fans singing it in February and genuinely believing it.

I agree. But because they have that unjustified optimism it means they go to matches expecting to win, expecting to enjoy the occassion. It just doesnt occur to them that if it all goes pear shaped they'll look a bit silly. We're much more reserved, more self aware. Whilst I prefer that mindset, it doesnt necessarily make for a great atmosphere.

Expensive tickets will do that.

(Not blaming City, am blaming football.)

LoveCity said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
Wreckless Alec said:
I get the impression that the best crowds are the most organised and choreographed. Whilst, I'd love that to happen, I don't sense an appetite for it at City. Either we're too cool or too contrary.
Agreed.

Yep... whenever there has been even a mention of something 'organised', the grey haired brigade have attacked in force! Organisation works, it's proven... there is only one real group like this in the Premier League and they are called the Holmesdale Fanatics at Crystal Palace, which has had a good home atmosphere for 4 or 5 years now because of them. It may not be the "edgy" banter of insulting fat men or calling someone in pink a "f*ggot", but it leads to constant noise. And certainly beats stone cold silence. I think a younger, energetic crowd is needed for this though and we have that generation gap (most lost to United in the 90s/early 00s) where there don't seem to be huge numbers between kids and age 40+. Our best hope (for now) remains the new block next season so people who want to make a difference, email the 1894 Group. :P

Why you cheeky young whippersnapper !! I'm 55 with grey hair (what's left of it), and I'd love to sing and do the Poznan, Yaya dance etc.. Looking around me there's loads of the "grey brigade" who were away at Leeds and OT in the 70s and 80s who still have that glint in their eye but, by the time we can hear the singing blocks, they are just finishing. My days of standing for the whole match are gone, but I admire the lads who are making the effort to improve things. As I said above, the best crowds are coordinated and that is the only way it will happen. I think if the designated areas can get it going, like-minded people will soon jump on board, even the silver support.

Didn't the report out a few weeks back in which we had 6th biggest turnover say the reason we aren't in the top 5 is because of our relatively low match day income?

Also never understood why pee say cheaper tickets will create a better atmosphere. Do people say I've paid x amount of money, I'm not wasting it by standing here singing?

Would obviously like to pay less for my season ticket but think we will have a long wait for even a price free never mind a cut

cyberblue said:
Brendan110_0 said:
cyberblue said:

Agreed they could & should charge less for certain tickets for certain games charging £50 odd to school leavers .students .low wage earners does not make sense ,for many people the average take home pay is around £225 a week how many times per season are people on that sort of wage going to shell out a big percentage of there earnings ?

it is sad for those individuals however as the crowds prove plenty can afford £50 and much more if I am being honest
football is a business and they don't give a flying fuck if you were away at York but can't afford to go any more the sell out crowds prove you have been replaced. also wake up and realise whilst the ground is selling out the club don't care about fans moaning about the atmosphere on the internet

the club will only really react if the ground is half empty and not even then if the seats have been sold

the police are so against standing as it makes crowd control so much harder so even if you get passed the crowd safety argument you will still have the police fighting against standing

117 M34 said:
Didn't the report out a few weeks back in which we had 6th biggest turnover say the reason we aren't in the top 5 is because of our relatively low match day income?

Also never understood why pee say cheaper tickets will create a better atmosphere. Do people say I've paid x amount of money, I'm not wasting it by standing here singing?

Would obviously like to pay less for my season ticket but think we will have a long wait for even a price free never mind a cut

Because cheaper tickets means young lads can afford to buy a ticket and have few pints before the match and then make some noise. The middle class and middle aged (who can afford the tickets and thus make up the majority) don't do this anymore because it's all part of getting older. This problem is up and down the land of football. Atleast, with City's stadium expansion there should be an opportunity when it is all done to create a section up in the Gods that offers cheaper match day tickets and in turn the young lads will make some noise and it will bounce off the new roof and down into the rest of the stadium.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.