The home support is terrible

awest said:
Just sat there waiting for something to happen. No singing, no shouting and no passion. Plenty of moaning though. Where have all the really passionate city fans gone? We are a top club with an excellent fan base so ffs let's give it 100% support when inside the ground.
Our support has been slowly changing for a while and it's got to the point now where it's a different kind of fanbase in the ground than it used to be. There's a lot of the same people who've always been there but there is a huge amount of people who don't go anymore.

I've said this many times, but there used to be over twenty of us at every game; yesterday there were two of us and we weren't stood together. A group of lads who used to have SeasonCards formed a football team and play on Saturday's instead of paying £650-715 for their SCs and coming to City now.

£46 against relegation fodder (who we made look like Mourinho's Inter yesterday) - people are just stopping paying these prices now and the people coming in their stead turn up in their posh car, sit there in silence, possibly have a few kids in tow dropping hot dogs on the floor and playing on their iPads, you've even got cûnts with selfie sticks and United souvineer shop bags now. The place is an embarrassment!

the fan and the fan experience has changed completely. i'm just glad to have been around when football was proper football.

want a passionate crowd. get the tv cameras out of there. get fans in, and get the seats out. at least in part.

There are numerous reasons why the atmosphere is awful but I think it is mainly due to the fact we are so boring to watch and the crowd barely gets excited when we start to look like we are penning the opposition in their box because it results in one pass to many or a corner (which I don't even stand up for anymore). We don't create many clear cut chances anymore.

And when you look for inspiration from the bench and all you see is Pellers standing there showing less passion than what I show when the Mrs asks me to take the bin out then you know nothing is really going to give us the spark we need

Once the atmosphere goes then the soul is ripped out. A live game should be about passionate fans who create an electric atmosphere. Ok the players need to entertain but in other countries fans are inside the ground 2 hours before a ball has been kicked making a tremendous amount if noise. This in turn gets the players buzzing surely. The whole match day experience at city is cheesy and aimed at the deep pocket brigade rather than the hard core blues who stood behind the team when they were at their lowest position in history. I've heard it all before about groups creating better atmospheres but whilst there are no standing sections I'm afraid that's always going to be a tough call. Oh and 45 sheets to get in. Ouch!

Think the performances of the home games lately esp first half of most of the players is suckin the drive from the fans . The slow build up lack of shots lack of drive forward towards goal im in 118 in south stand im even im forgetting the last time we had a shot at goal or scored in the first half at our end

There's many reasons why but before blaming the support why not blame the players for some shit, slow home performances (Boro, Burnley, Stoke, Arsenal, Hull)

Always starting the game slow.

give it to gordon said:
My two lads and me use to come up 2 or 3 times a season, not alot but a 600mile round trip has something to do with that, but also the price when the lads first started coming up it was a fiver each and twenty quid for me ........ £30 for all three of us ! Now it nearer £100........than theres petrol.

I think football as a whole has a problem with lack of fans and atmosphere to many teams like to park the bus its all about staying in the premiership and sod the entertainment.

Teams have worked out how to play us sit back 10 behind the ball than counter with pace, if there attack breaks down City arent in a rush to get forward so they get 10 back easily. .......its boring..... is it worth playing around £250 for us to watch it ? When we have other bills that need paying
I'm travelling over for the Barcodes game in a couple of weeks.
Air fare: €94 (£69:75)
Hotel room (2 nights): €188 (£139:50)
Match ticket: £50
That's near as dammit £250 (without any incidental expenses; travel, spending money etc etc). For one person. Is it value for money at the present time? Of course it isn't. And I'm finding it very hard to justify that sort of outlay for a football match. It's my third game so far this season (Stoke and Spurs). I must be mad.

*edit* Oh yeah; a day off work as well (the friday) without pay. That's another €80 (£60).

it does seem comical that a fan, who has paid 46 quid for a ticket, a tenner to park, and maybe the same again and more for his family gets slated because the atmosphere is shit. Thanks for giving us a huge part of your disposable income, maybe the only game you could afford in months, but can you remember the next time you come, to recreate the atmosphere of the world cup final of 1978 because the players and the manager are struggling to get motivated, especially in the first half.

jimharri said:
give it to gordon said:
My two lads and me use to come up 2 or 3 times a season, not alot but a 600mile round trip has something to do with that, but also the price when the lads first started coming up it was a fiver each and twenty quid for me ........ £30 for all three of us ! Now it nearer £100........than theres petrol.

I think football as a whole has a problem with lack of fans and atmosphere to many teams like to park the bus its all about staying in the premiership and sod the entertainment.

Teams have worked out how to play us sit back 10 behind the ball than counter with pace, if there attack breaks down City arent in a rush to get forward so they get 10 back easily. .......its boring..... is it worth playing around £250 for us to watch it ? When we have other bills that need paying
I'm travelling over for the Barcodes game in a couple of weeks.
Air fare: €94 (£69:75)
Hotel room (2 nights): €188 (£139:50)
Match ticket: £50
That's near as dammit £250 (without any incidental expenses; travel, spending money etc etc). For one person. Is it value for money at the present time? Of course it isn't. And I'm finding it very hard to justify that sort of outlay for a football match. It's my third game so far this season (Stoke and Spurs). I must be mad.

*edit* Oh yeah; a day off work as well (the friday) without pay. That's another €80 (£60).
You are bonkers mate.....but fair play to ya. We have locals who go and can't even be arsed unfolding their arms once at the match.

The atmosphere's been shite for a few years now. It's been discussed at length on here. Something needs doing about it, but I'm not sure anyone at the club knows how to sort it out. There's probably tons of people employed who know a shite load about generating income through advertising and sponsorship, or who can eke a few more bucks out of the match going individual. However, I'd hazard a guess that they know sweet fuck all about generating atmosphere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.