The "I was wrong about..." player amnesty thread

Stevie Ireland....

I was the one who posted on this board "If Sunderland want to pay 5 million for him I'll drive him there myself..."

He read it.

I think that's pretty fucking embarrassing on my part...ah well.

I thought Nigel was pretty average and found the pace of the prem a bit of a shock last year, though in my defence, I always had faith he would come good — you don't get 30-plus caps in the heart of Holland's midfield at his age without being an exceptional player. Plus, his passing is much more positive now.
I hope that Rocky goes on to prove his class once he is fully match fit — just as it took Carlos a dozen or so games to hit his stride. I've been one of his staunchest defenders on here and thought he was best player on the park against Sunderland, only for him to pick up another knock. Couldn't believe some of the shit he was getting around me in the East Stand when he came on last night. He'll still prove to be a very important player for us in the second half of the season

Bellamy - Didnt want a troublemaker like him at city. Now I love him.
Adebayor - Thought he was amazing and could really do a job for us. He doesnt.

Thought Bellamy would be rubbish before we signed him but he's been excellent now and he's been mostly injury-free. Fast becoming one of my favourite players in the squad.

Not been proved wrong about RSC, Toure or Bridge yet though....

Sweep.
I remember seeing first time in a City v Utd Reserves at Hyde. He played in the middle from what I remember. I turned to my mate and said not impressed with him - 'too short and looks totally out of his depth. He'll never make it, probably the last we'll see of him.'
Anyway 200 appearances later and 30 for England it seems I might've got that wrong.

Like most other people here, my first thought when Craig was linked with us "Oh god!. Not him. Anyone but him". He may still be a gobby bugger, but he's our gobby bugger and a credit to the shirt.

Although this particular thread is for current players only, I do remember feeling how crap are we when we're reduced to buying some 1st division player (3rd tier) i've never heard of. 100 goals later, i'd walk through hot coals for that bloke (guess who)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.