The "I'm not going to the final" thread

Pigeonho said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
Her mate is the one who decides on a hen night, not his mrs. What if its her best mate, the only time she will get married etc etc ? That, to her, is more important than her hubby going to a football match, (in her eyes). If they have kids together and she's not here to look after them, it's then up to him to do it, and vise versa as and when that should crop up.

Cup final trumps a hen do, call me sexist, call me whatever you want, not a chance on earth I would ever let a situation like that happen. I don't think I'd get with someone who under any other circumstances except a birth or death would stop me going to a final. Yes I have a child too and even my ex wouldn't do that to me.
If it was a meal down the local that she'd planned a month ago, then fair enough. I have no idea of the hen do, but lets for example say its a 3 night affair in Majorca, something alot of money and planning has gone into, then, 2 days ago City get to a final on the same date. Common sense suggests she isn't going to fuck the do off, waste all that money and risk the wrath of her mate just so the OP can go to the match?!
Isn't the hen do in Leeds?

squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:
dan.j.mcfc said:
Cup final trumps a hen do, call me sexist, call me whatever you want, not a chance on earth I would ever let a situation like that happen. I don't think I'd get with someone who under any other circumstances except a birth or death would stop me going to a final. Yes I have a child too and even my ex wouldn't do that to me.
If it was a meal down the local that she'd planned a month ago, then fair enough. I have no idea of the hen do, but lets for example say its a 3 night affair in Majorca, something alot of money and planning has gone into, then, 2 days ago City get to a final on the same date. Common sense suggests she isn't going to fuck the do off, waste all that money and risk the wrath of her mate just so the OP can go to the match?!
Like I say, I have no idea about the hen do but whether it's in Leeds, Majorca or wherever, it's obviously a bigger deal in the grand scheme of things than a football match. Imagine a get together between them all later on this year and all the women are gassing about the hen do and it's asked why she couldn't go again? 'because he went to the football'. No bloke should put their mrs in that position. Football will be here again, a hen night for a friend won't.

squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

It certainly is Squirty...and with the announcement that virgin arent putting any extra trains on apart from the scheduled services then I am fucked unless a friend drives.

Pigeonho said:
squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:
Like I say, I have no idea about the hen do but whether it's in Leeds, Majorca or wherever, it's obviously a bigger deal in the grand scheme of things than a football match. Imagine a get together between them all later on this year and all the women are gassing about the hen do and it's asked why she couldn't go again? 'because he went to the football'. No bloke should put their mrs in that position. Football will be here again, a hen night for a friend won't.
Hahaha hen nights are ten a penny, we've only reached the cup final twice in the last thirty years, people are married more often than that these days
She'll have more hen nights lol

Pigeonho said:
squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:

Pidge-This is exactly what I have said. Fuck me,I couldn't imagine missing a best friends stag do for a game of footy no matter how much it pains me.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:

It certainly is Squirty...and with the announcement that virgin arent putting any extra trains on apart from the scheduled services then I am fucked unless a friend drives.
I thought you said it was
Why don't you drive down?

squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:
squirtyflower said:
Hahaha hen nights are ten a penny, we've only reached the cup final twice in the last thirty years, people are married more often than that these days
She'll have more hen nights lol
What if it's her best mate?
Meh, to each their own anyway, I know I wouldn't do that to my Mrs if faced with that.

Pigeonho said:
squirtyflower said:

Pidge-This is exactly what I have said. Fuck me,I couldn't imagine missing a best friends stag do for a game of footy no matter how much it pains me.

What is wrong with you? I would miss my best friends wedding for a cup final, never mind the pissing stag do.

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:

I thought you said it was
Why don't you drive down?

My mate has just text to said that this is looking like the preferred option so all it not lost.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.