The "I'm not going to the final" thread

dan.j.mcfc said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Pigeonho said:
Like I say, I have no idea about the hen do but whether it's in Leeds, Majorca or wherever, it's obviously a bigger deal in the grand scheme of things than a football match. Imagine a get together between them all later on this year and all the women are gassing about the hen do and it's asked why she couldn't go again? 'because he went to the football'. No bloke should put their mrs in that position. Football will be here again, a hen night for a friend won't.

Pidge-This is exactly what I have said. Fuck me,I couldn't imagine missing a best friends stag do for a game of footy no matter how much it pains me.

What is wrong with you? I would miss my best friends wedding for a cup final, never mind the pissing stag do.

Hear hear......they will probably be divorced in two years time anyway

dan.j.mcfc said:
Pigeonho said:
Like I say, I have no idea about the hen do but whether it's in Leeds, Majorca or wherever, it's obviously a bigger deal in the grand scheme of things than a football match. Imagine a get together between them all later on this year and all the women are gassing about the hen do and it's asked why she couldn't go again? 'because he went to the football'. No bloke should put their mrs in that position. Football will be here again, a hen night for a friend won't.

Pidge-This is exactly what I have said. Fuck me,I couldn't imagine missing a best friends stag do for a game of footy no matter how much it pains me.

What is wrong with you? I would miss my best friends wedding for a cup final, never mind the pissing stag do.

Course you would...It isn't about the hen do.It's the fact I have a very young family. Listen my kids are and always will be number 1 in my life-over city and over any football game. My mrs has never and will never stop me going to any football game.She got told that when we met 7 yrs ago and has always been the case however for me to turn round and say "Fuck you-I am going because it's the final"...Believe me mate,it wont happen-Call me a wuss or whatever but I'd be a **** if I did.

Here's a scenario-Would you leave your childs bedside if he was poorly in hospital for a cup final???

squirtyflower said:
It certainly is Squirty...and with the announcement that virgin arent putting any extra trains on apart from the scheduled services then I am fucked unless a friend drives.
I thought you said it was
Why don't you drive down?

My mate has just text to said that this is looking like the preferred option so all it not lost.
Everyone's a winner!

We were back before 11 on Sunday and that was with my wife driving!

dan.j.mcfc said:

Course you would...It isn't about the hen do.It's the fact I have a very young family. Listen my kids are and always will be number 1 in my life-over city and over any football game. My mrs has never and will never stop me going to any football game.She got told that when we met 7 yrs ago and has always been the case however for me to turn round and say "Fuck you-I am going because it's the final"...Believe me mate,it wont happen-Call me a wuss or whatever but I'd be a **** if I did.

Here's a scenario-Would you leave your childs bedside if he was poorly in hospital for a cup final???
Head against a brick wall mate.

dan.j.mcfc said:

You don't have to prove nothing to anybody.

I actually feel sorry for people who prioritise football over family. It's the other way around, at least it should be.

How about a nice day with the kids, take em to the park and get em an ice-cream etc. Then watch the game at home eith them and if City win (of course we will) then there's a treat. That way the kids will be buzzing for City and they'll enjoy the game knowing that a result will get them a treat.

It works for me anyway. I have respect with hardcore fans who travel length of country but for me, a house deposit and time with child is precious.

NipHolmes said:
dan.j.mcfc said:

You don't have to prove nothing to anybody.

I actually feel sorry for people who prioritise football over family. It's the other way around, at least it should be.

How about a nice day with the kids, take em to the park and get em an ice-cream etc. Then watch the game at home eith them and if City win (of course we will) then there's a treat. That way the kids will be buzzing for City and they'll enjoy the game knowing that a result will get them a treat.

It works for me anyway. I have respect with hardcore fans who travel length of country but for me, a house deposit and time with child is precious.
I live in a caravan and drag the kids with me to the game

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:
I thought you said it was
Why don't you drive down?

My mate has just text to said that this is looking like the preferred option so all it not lost.
Everyone's a winner!

We were back before 11 on Sunday and that was with my wife driving!

All this talk of extra time and pens I just cant see it. I am very confident we will beat Wigan in 90mins.
We have discussed parking at Watford and travelling down..What do you think?
Any other ideas for people who have to drive for the best options

Very fair point and nothing comes before family.

Though I would constantly remind her everyday up until the hen do exactly what you are giving up. Whilst reminding her that she is far more important and you hope she has a great time.

With any look she might cave and and say "look just fuck off to your shit football match"

All of not goin any chance you'd be willing to help a blue coming from across the sea to get a ticket/(s)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.