The Key The Secret - beating Chelsea...

BillyShears said:
For me there were a lot of factors which led to us winning that particular match - but yeah, NDJ and Barry in particular were key. What was noticeable from where I was sat on that night, was how high up the field we were pressing Chelsea. The do like to build from the back, and by closing their central midfield down so high up the field, we didn't let them get any rhythm to their play...

Will be interesting to see if we can manage to do the same thing again - as it's what we did against Liverpool to great effect...

If you look at the two lines ups Chelsea won't be much stroger really although they do have Essien, Drogba and Malouda in great form at the minute. We on the other hand will be much stronger on paper and with Milner Barry NDJ and Yaya we have as hard working midfield as you could ask for. We can win this.

Blue Train said:
Interesting stats on that day:

Tackles:
Barry - won 7 Lost 1
Nige - won 6 lost 0

Eeh, it's a hair's breadth between being shit and putting in the greatest defensive midfield performance in footballing history.

sabster is that you?

johnmc said:
BillyShears said:
For me there were a lot of factors which led to us winning that particular match - but yeah, NDJ and Barry in particular were key. What was noticeable from where I was sat on that night, was how high up the field we were pressing Chelsea. The do like to build from the back, and by closing their central midfield down so high up the field, we didn't let them get any rhythm to their play...

Will be interesting to see if we can manage to do the same thing again - as it's what we did against Liverpool to great effect...

If you look at the two lines ups Chelsea won't be much stroger really although they do have Essien, Drogba and Malouda in great form at the minute. We on the other hand will be much stronger on paper and with Milner Barry NDJ and Yaya we have as hard working midfield as you could ask for. We can win this.

Of course we're much stronger on paper than we were when we played them last season - but I still think it will be a much tougher game on Saturday. You can't deny that Ancelotti has got them humming at the moment. The one thing which I think will be interesting, will be to see how hungry Chelsea are if it becomes a shit fight to get control of the ball. I'm not convinced that they relish the battle as much as you'd think...

Also, I'm secretly hoping that Terry is "fit" and plays. He's a fucking massive weak link in their back 4 at the moment. He really didn't enjoy having to deal with Tevez when we played them last season. I think JT prefers to play against big dumb centre forwards who he can simply bully out of a game. Tevez constantly dropping deep, with other players running beyond him, will have Terry's head spinning if we have any luck...

This is the first real big test we've faced this season. Liverpool were so poor against us and against the rags as well, that you can't help but think they'll be also rans this season. Spurs battered us on the opening day, but I'm going to put that down to how little time the players had had together. Saturday is a chance for us to advertise our own credentials for the first time this season...

currently at work so can't see the video but i take it from peoples replies that the video is of de jong...i was hoping it would be Sun Jihai's magical midfield display from Mourinho's 1st season in charge! only defeat he suffered in the league all season, Sun Jihai got injured but was having a quality game until he did!

Ntini77 said:
I worry about Essien, best midfielder in the Prem IMO.

One of the best head to heads this year for me.

Yaya v Essien - I cannot recall two players of such incredible quality coming against each other whilst City have been involved.

Its what dreams a re made of ;-)

denilsun said:
currently at work so can't see the video but i take it from peoples replies that the video is of de jong...i was hoping it would be Sun Jihai's magical midfield display from Mourinho's 1st season in charge! only defeat he suffered in the league all season, Sun Jihai got injured but was having a quality game until he did!

Anelka's penalty after Carvalho brought him down?

We were the first team to beat "Chelski" iirc... that was a great day.

fbloke said:
Ntini77 said:
I worry about Essien, best midfielder in the Prem IMO.

One of the best head to heads this year for me.

Yaya v Essien - I cannot recall two players of such incredible quality coming against each other whilst City have been involved.

Its what dreams a re made of ;-)

You sir, are a very disingenuous man at times......................a man truly of his word, would have at least given Bluemoon a month long break after making such a grand gesture when leaving.......I always knew deep down inside you'd be back within 24 hours..............;- )

Seriously - next time, just don't leave. I like having you around even if we are so very different!

The secret to beating Chelsea is to get them wound up, lose their cool. Unfortunately they don't have Ballack anymore, which made the whole thing pretty easy, but i reckon we could still get at them. The last match we played they were rattled.

Everything has been going their way so far this season though, frustrate them, get in their face, don't give them a second on the ball, give them no time or space. We need to keep the ball, get them chasing us around, they'll get wound up.

GStar said:
denilsun said:

Anelka's penalty after Carvalho brought him down?

We were the first team to beat "Chelski" iirc... that was a great day.

"That coat's from Matalan....that coat's from Matalan...."

Had me chuckling for weeks afterwards....I think even Mourinho smiled when he heard it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.