The Key The Secret - beating Chelsea...

6 fingered food snobs know ever such a lot about football it seems

all worried about the full backs and yet NDJ apparently won't be vitally important in this game

priceless

Failsworth_Blue said:
Blue Train said:
Interesting stats on that day:

Tackles:
Barry - won 7 Lost 1
Nige - won 6 lost 0

Eeh, it's a hair's breadth between being shit and putting in the greatest defensive midfield performance in footballing history.

Interesting indeed but can you find me stats for the closing down of opponents? Bring a defensive midfielder is not always about tackles, it's about closing players down and forcing them to either play the ball side ways or backwards and NDJ does this exceptionally well

I'm busy trying to find the stats for Looking a Bit Hard.

Just pointing out that when others do just as much or more than Nige their contribution gets ignored. The whole Big Nige thing is a bit silly really.

Blue Train said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
Interesting indeed but can you find me stats for the closing down of opponents? Bring a defensive midfielder is not always about tackles, it's about closing players down and forcing them to either play the ball side ways or backwards and NDJ does this exceptionally well

I'm busy trying to find the stats for Looking a Bit Hard.

Just pointing out that when others do just as much or more than Nige their contribution gets ignored. The whole Big Nige thing is a bit silly really.

Stats for looking a bit hard? You do realise that closing down of players in possession is extremely key for a defensive midfielder, theres no stats for that but i can see with my own eyes that NDJ does this very well. He blocks off the forward pass and forces players to play the ball wide of behind them time and time again

GStar said:
You know as well as i do; single statistics do not give a full picture.

So you dont like using stats - i bet you would use them if they backed up your argument.

Im not a NDJ "hater" or "disliker" i just think the love in for him at the minute is way OTT.

And people who say if you dont appreciate NDJ you dont know football is just a nonsense. If you rate NDJ as the best in the world then you have a good football brain, otherwise you dont really understand football it would seem.

And yes he was excellent that day - because Barry let him be

The key to beating chelsea does not lie with a defensive midfielder it is down to 11 men working extremely hard for 90 minutes, some skill, and a bit of luck along the way no doubt

For me there were a lot of factors which led to us winning that particular match - but yeah, NDJ and Barry in particular were key. What was noticeable from where I was sat on that night, was how high up the field we were pressing Chelsea. The do like to build from the back, and by closing their central midfield down so high up the field, we didn't let them get any rhythm to their play...

Will be interesting to see if we can manage to do the same thing again - as it's what we did against Liverpool to great effect...

johnmc said:
fbloke said:
Anyone who doesnt rate Nige doesnt understand football IMO.

There we go - the so oftne used phrase where NDJ is concerned - its a joke!

Have you ever consider it is oft' used because it is accurate and correct?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.