The Labour Government

Plus those figures are skewed by high earners. Some people need to look outside their own bubble and check out job sites, the amounts of jobs at min wage or above are huge.

National Living Wage is £11.44 ph - times the mythical 35 hrs per week full time - times 52 weeks with all benefits £20820 - £40k pa is the exception not the rule

National Living Wage is £11.44 ph - times the mythical 35 hrs per week full time - times 52 weeks with all benefits £20820 - £40k pa is the exception not the rule

Can we just call it the minimum wage?

Just because the Tories tried to rewrite reality doesn't mean we need to use their language. Hopefully labour remove this nonsense name or make it match the actual living wage.

Strong Karen vibes here .... I demand to speak to the manager ;-)

On a serious note isn't this just the risk and reward nature of capitalism? Why should employers be insulated from the cost of making poor decisions? If they can't cope with the stress maybe they should get out and let somebody else fill the void?
The employee should take the risk, I mean losing their jobs could mean the difference between feeding their kids or paying the rent.
Don't worry after 2 years that risk reduces.

You don't mind working your lunch or working another Saturday do you? I know what I said at the interview but times change. We all have to make sacrifices, I mean Julians school fees are due.

I could always find someone else if you don't want to be fkexible?

You think it's that easy? If it were everyone would be doing it. Instead most choose the easier but no less noble path of being an employee.
I never said it was and I know from experience how difficult it is being married to someone who started up a niche, and initially successful, retail outlet.
About two thirds of new businesses go under in the first three years, and yet some of you on here want to increase that figure?
Again projection .... nobody has said that.
Small business owners are the lifeblood of the UK economy, not the big national and multinationals who don't pay their fair share of tax and yet have all the influence.
Nice to see that you have identified the true culprits in this doom cycle.
Anyway I can see we are going round in circles, so happy to leave you to it chaps.
That will be the content of your third strongly worded letter to your MP ;-)

The proposed new employment rights bill has some concerning implications for small/medium businesses who are already struggling.

Going from two years service to one day for unfair dismissal rights is too extreme and is not practical. There are more bad employees than there are bad employers yet the rights that are being proposed are too one sided.
We heard the same tired old Tory shit about the minimum wage.

Just seen Starmer leading the way with the opposition, bringing the country under the ‘One’ umbrella.

All good, so far.

Can we just call it the minimum wage?

Just because the Tories tried to rewrite reality doesn't mean we need to use their language. Hopefully labour remove this nonsense name or make it match the actual living wage.

call it whatever we want its fucking inadequate - people are equating 2024 wages with cost of living in the 1980's and until we can get people out of that mindset we are fucked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.