The Labour Government

It’s a disgrace / my kids have been to private schools and I am mates with one of the bursars. She says 20 percent are behind on fees and most are just relatively successful hard working people with good jobs such as doctors or lawyers.

They pay significant tax already and 15k a year net is a huge burden. It’s a bloody disgrace and enough reason to not vote for these wankers alone.

Hard working people penalised.

It has made my blood boil today.

Politics of envy.
I don’t know what you or they are worried about mate. Calm the fuck down will you.
Everybody and his dog knows how easy it is to economise for piddling amounts like school fees, or, say, the deposit on a first home.

Tell these shirkers and benefit whores to do one of the following:

A) get a better job,
B) cancel Netflix, and/or Sky TV
C) Drink less Costa Coffee

That’s it. Problem solved so you can stop pissing your keks now me old china.
Any one of A,B, or C will magically eradicate any financial woes. It’s what your lot have been telling the genuine poor for years.

I’m on the side of hardworking taxpayers. Why should they have to give these benefit-scrounging spongers a handout?

You tories, you’ve always got your hands out for other people’s money.

The proposed new employment rights bill has some concerning implications for small/medium businesses who are already struggling.

Going from two years service to one day for unfair dismissal rights is too extreme and is not practical. There are more bad employees than there are bad employers yet the rights that are being proposed are too one sided.

You get a job offer
You resign from current job
Boss of new job feels he/she can take piss as they can sack you for no reason

It's unfair dismissa we are talking about here a bad employee would lose a claim no?

Why do people think unfairly dismissing people at say a year or two is right?

Really, we want to make thousands of SMEs go out out business because they can't cope with the stress of possibly hiring the wrong person or having a claim against them. I thought we wanted to increase employment not decrease it?

I will be writing to my new MP to inform her of the massive risks of bringing in this legislation.

It's a manifesto pledge. You'll get a nothingburger back and it will pass into law.

Last edited:
Strong Karen vibes here .... I demand to speak to the manager ;-)

On a serious note isn't this just the risk and reward nature of capitalism? Why should employers be insulated from the cost of making poor decisions? If they can't cope with the stress maybe they should get out and let somebody else fill the void?
You think it's that easy? If it were everyone would be doing it. Instead most choose the easier but no less noble path of being an employee.

About two thirds of new businesses go under in the first three years, and yet some of you on here want to increase that figure?

Small business owners are the lifeblood of the UK economy, not the big national and multinationals who don't pay their fair share of tax and yet have all the influence.

Anyway I can see we are going round in circles, so happy to leave you to it chaps.

You do realise that not all employers are fat sloths with a cigar stroking a cat sneering down at the workers from above don’t you?

The majority are good hard working people who give people in society a chance and opportunities.

It’s not as simple as saying pay a better wage to attract a better applicant. The minimum wage is all that some employers can afford.

These small businesses are the backbone of the country and the economy, giving people their first, continued or last chance of employment.

The Ghandi route won't work I'm afraid so let's get real here.

Too little employment laws business will generally take piss

Too many some employees will take the piss.

Finding the correct balance is hard, in fact probably impossible. Being able to sack someone without good reason after 2 years is far too long, a year is far too long. There actually isn't a fair amount of time to sack someone unfairly. By definition it's unfair hence the name.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.