The Labour Government

I’m one of them mate. Brought up in a 2 up and 2 down with an outside toilet in Clayton and left school without a single GCE. That working class enough for you?

Doesn't matter where you was brought up, once you're earning enough to privately educate your children you're not in the working class bracket it's completely disingenuous.

The unluckiest in history was the last Labour government who presided over steady growth and improved public services for 10 years then lost an election in 2010 due to a global financial crisis that started in the US in 2008 and went worldwide. The Tory government fucked up the recovery, fucked up by making the EU an issue leading to a disastrous Brexit, fucked up the pandemic response and just made themselves richer whilst making most of the population poorer. The only thing they did right was their response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
Genuinely deluded.

The source is my own personal experience. My daughter went to private school as did her friends. Their friends and siblings are now going to private schools. Every single one of the schools are passing the increase on. They have to. It’s virtually impossible to absorb a +20% increase in costs. A very large amount of the parents are not rich. They are working class / middle class families. Obviously there are some mega rich ones, but they really are in the minority.
What is your definition of working class and not rich? These phrases are very easy to throw around, if they can no longer afford the cost of private education then surely they will just have to do what nearly every other fucker has to do.
What makes them so special that the affordability line should be at their level?

The entitlement in that post is breathtaking tbh.

The source is my own personal experience. My daughter went to private school as did her friends. Their friends and siblings are now going to private schools. Every single one of the schools are passing the increase on. They have to. It’s virtually impossible to absorb a +20% increase in costs. A very large amount of the parents are not rich. They are working class / middle class families. Obviously there are some mega rich ones, but they really are in the minority.
They can cancel Netflix, and get better jobs.
They’ll be fine.

Well if they can't afford it then they can send their kids to a state school free of charge. I can't afford a Ferrari so I don't have one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.