The Labour Government

According to Worsleyweb the country is in a great state. Record NHS waiting lists, cost of living crisis, record food bank usage, people pulling their own teeth out, not being able to see a GP, crumbling schools & hospitals, people not being able to get on the housing ladder are obviously a figment of my imagination. And the way people like Worsleyweb & others like him keep blaming the pandemic & Ukraine, the situation was already dire & getting worse before these events.
Some people don't like to change. Most people in fact I find.

It's just their turn to be the wrong ones whilst everyone can see what's happening.

Someone I know, works at a hospital, can see how it's been getting worse, blames it on local govn and management of the hospital. Doesn't recognise it being across the whole NHS. Absolutely convinced Labour will make it worse. Just hates whatever the newspaper he reads tells him too.

Yeah but when questioned about what is a basic I'm alright Jack type of attitude, when it comes to backing up that view he doesn't have anything and he knows it so when he posts stuff he knows the exact reaction he will get and knows he can't argue the point but does it anyhow. That's just basic wumming really.
It's odd because apart from a couple of deficiencies he seems like a pretty sound poster.
I would imagine he would be the kind of guy who would put his hand in his pocket to help out someone in front of him or give up some of his time.

He wouldn't vote to give up that money via a government though. As a country we are split between those that have a more American outlook and those that have a more European one. If I'm honest I was always a big self responsibility type of guy. I changed pretty quickly but most people aren't for changing as a rule.

i would honestly opine that i am the most generous person on this board. I take homeless people out for tea on a weekly basis. i have paid for peoples tickets on here for years I am not wumming - i just genuinely think that the left politics do not work. It will shrink the pot. The Vat thing has made my blood boil. Heard today some state schools in London have received so many applications now for September already.

Soft? Don’t chat nonsense.

That’s absolutely not the case. They are equivalent qualifications and neither is harder or easier than the other.

Comparisons with GCSE​

Before changes to GCSE first taken in 2017, the IGCSE was often considered to be more similar to the older O-Levels qualification than the current GCSE in England, and for this reason was often argued to be a more rigorous and more difficult examination.[10] Before the early 2010s, most schools offering the IGCSE were private international schools for expatriate children around the world. However, in the 2010s, an increasing number of independent schools within the United Kingdom also began offering IGCSEs as an alternative to conventional English GCSEs for international IGCSE subjects, on the supposed basis that it is more challenging than the national curriculum.[11] A comparison between GCSEs and IGCSEs was conducted by the Department of Education in 2019. The study found that it was easier to achieve a grade A in English Language and English Literature in IGCSEs but harder to achieve a grade A in science subjects. Most other subjects were roughly equivalent.[12]

i would honestly opine that i am the most generous person on this board. I take homeless people out for tea on a weekly basis. i have paid for peoples tickets on here for years I am not wumming - i just genuinely think that the left politics do not work. It will shrink the pot. The Vat thing has made my blood boil. Heard today some state schools in London have received so many applications now for September already.

There was a campaign of public school parents, which advised as many as possible to apply even if they didn't want the places. A selfish, and dishonest, plan to try and scare the Government.

Let's see what happens, and if schools really are overwhelmed.

They're customs not rules. It's within his discretion to choose who he takes questions from.

If he wants to be so pedantic, he should practice what he preaches and wear his wig and full costume.
Requiring the MPs to wear ties just makes them even more old-fashioned and out of touch with the rest of the country. The fancy-dress opening of parliament was ridiculous.

O I'm definitely a wanker. I remember who it was now Pride in battle apologies. Point still stands you ain't working class if you pay to privately educate your kids, or are we saying millionaires who came from nothing are still working class?
I know people who have remortgaged their house to put their kids through private school.
Their decision. Their prerogative. They do what think is right and best for their kids. So
nobody is wrong and nobody is right. I'll finish on this by saying this. I honestly believe sending my daughter
to private school is the best money I have ever spent. Again, not right and not wrong. Just my opinion.
And if you are a millionaire then obviously you are not working class. I posted my definition of working class
a few posts ago.

Comparisons with GCSE​

Before changes to GCSE first taken in 2017, the IGCSE was often considered to be more similar to the older O-Levels qualification than the current GCSE in England, and for this reason was often argued to be a more rigorous and more difficult examination.[10] Before the early 2010s, most schools offering the IGCSE were private international schools for expatriate children around the world. However, in the 2010s, an increasing number of independent schools within the United Kingdom also began offering IGCSEs as an alternative to conventional English GCSEs for international IGCSE subjects, on the supposed basis that it is more challenging than the national curriculum.[11] A comparison between GCSEs and IGCSEs was conducted by the Department of Education in 2019. The study found that it was easier to achieve a grade A in English Language and English Literature in IGCSEs but harder to achieve a grade A in science subjects. Most other subjects were roughly equivalent.[12]

Science is worth 2 GCSEs isn't it? So seems even really when you compare them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.