The Labour Government

Chinese pension age to rise.

I had to Google Chinese pension age. It's 60 for men but '50 or 55' for women. Wow.

Will leave it up to experts who know far more than me but i would have thought they will have to do much more. The birth rate has dropped from 1.81 in 2017 to 1.16 in 2021. The birth rate in 1963 was 7.51! Bloody hell. I am guessing that was due to agriculture being so dominant.

Last edited:
I had to Google Chinese pension age. It's 60 for men but '50 or 55' for women. Wow.

Will leave it up to experts who know far more than me but i would have thought they will have to do much more. The birth rate has dropped from 1.81 in 2017 to 1.16 in 2021. The birth rate in 1963 was 7.51! Bloody hell. I am guessing that was due to agriculture being so dominant.
Another reason is the improvement of the medical system.
Before 1949, people lived like animal.

China implemented a two child policy in 2015 in order to boost the population (previously there had been a 1 child policy) . The only people this limit doesn't apply to are those that work on the boats that transport goods around the country.

The new policy will allow almost all Chinese people to have their preferred number of children. The benefits of the new policy include: a large reduction in abortions of unapproved pregnancies, virtual elimination of the problem of unregistered children, and a more normal sex ratio. All of these effects should improve health outcomes. Effects of the new policy on the shrinking workforce and rapid population ageing will not be evident for two decades. In the meantime, more sound policy actions will be implemented to meet the social, health, and care needs of the elderly population.

There are calls in India to enact a similar policy.

Good idea by Reeves, but I doubt she will be able to recover much, most was leant to Ltd companies that I suspect have folded.

If fraud was committed then it can be recovered from the former owners if they are in the UK or their assets are in the UK. It's not really about recovering it all though.

They need to use these scandals to kill off the electoral chances of the conservative party for a generation. Another thing to consider would be voting rights for long term UK residents that don't have citizenship.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.