The Labour Government

So if the new non-fascist Tory party puts forward an amendment to bring back Sure Start, and Labour votes against, that means that closing the Sure Start programme in 2011 was a Labour policy not a Tory/LibDem policy?

It would mean keeping them closed is Labour’s policy at that point in time.

Having a stonking majority and being in power allows you to undo all the bad things you said the previous government did. Of course they can’t wave a magic wand and undo everything (and I’ve been clear to say their reasoning is irrelevant to the point) but to pretend this isn’t current Labour policy is sticking the proverbial head in the sand and coming across as far too invested in the minutiae.

This does not mean it will still be Labour policy next year. It’s called being the government.

Amazing how he’s reinvented himself since he was released from prison.
My children are grown up so I don’t know the back story to this ? as getting involved over two child benefit, I thought it meant family allowance though until today. Who went to prison and who has reinvented himself ? please

Watching Labour introducing an updated code of conduct motion.

Some Tories and Nigel won't be happy with regards to conflict of interests involving 2nd jobs and parliamentary behaviour.
So, are Labour trying to put a blocker on lobbiests or just dodgy second jobs?

So, are Labour trying to put a blocker on lobbiests or just dodgy second jobs?
I'm trying to understand the motion. The debate currently is about select committees make up. Anderson and Tice aren't allowed on them because they only have 5 MPs.

Powell mentioned second jobs and payments that could be interpreted as 'conflicts of duty.'

A 3 month consultation on the changes before being out to the vote.

"A modernisation of parliament that proves MPs are here to serve the country over their own politics."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.