The Labour Government

I would rather stay in the UK and pay the taxes if i had the money you obviously have

We will for a few years, see how things go, if there are loopholes, etc. Need to speak to an accountant first to be honest. The US will look less appealing if Trump gets back in that’s for sure.

Now the Tories have been obliterated and Labour will be making all the decisions there wont be as much criticism, it's like their hobby has been taken away.

I can't wait for the more left wing of the board start handing Starmer his arse for doing the smallest thing they don't like.
Like not going to the Palace in a Jag?

Was a big fan of Starmer's response in the press conference to the "Is Rwanda now dead and buried?" question.

"It was already dead and buried. It's never been a deterrent."

Spot on.

He's certainly saying all the right things. And it might just be me, but I've agreed with him way more in the last 24 hours than I did all the way through the campaign - he seems to have found a bit of extra confidence and gumption. We will just have to wait and see if that translates into tangible improvements.

I'm quite bored of the persistent attempts in the media/twitter/left to downplay how massive that majority is and how much of a positive shift it is. Yes Starmer culled a lot on the left. Yes his politics aren't ideal. But fuck me, we've had 14 years of absolute corrupt, inept and amateurish dogshit. Starmer and his government won't be perfect but they will be better than the Tories.

In terms of how they govern, I hope that every MP in a seat that has high Reform votes, duly ignores it, doesn’t try to out-Farage Farage and instead just tries to make the country better. Ignore the symptom, treat the cause

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.