The Labour Government

Not sure too many are underplaying the size of the majority, to be honest. I've seen plenty of "landslide" and "disaster" type comments being thrown around, depending on what media you're reading. It's bloody huge. What is being questioned is how a party can get one third of the vote, yet get two thirds of the available seats. But that's the FPTP system; he didn't design it, and his party took full advantage of it. Fair play to them. It's time to get down to work now.

Yeah I get that, but the most discerning and forensic viewpoints regarding criticism are left leaning. I'm a big fan of PR - I think that the grubby elements need to be voiced as they are part of society - but Labour explicitly tried to win as many seats as possible, regardless of scale of majority. And there was clear tactical voting in this election. As you say, the key part is getting to work

That surely depends on what (if any) cuts are suggested. If PIP is truly justified, I’m sure people will be safe
Sunak wanted to stop it being paid after the initial payment , so long as that doesnt happen . I dont mind assessments but not as often for those of us who have got worse the more time goes on and our conditions get worse not better . I had to wait over a year for the last decision , that has to be sorted out, causes such anxiety to be assessed and over time you realise they lay traps and have targets for saying no , it is fucked up

Just remembered even though i rang them to tell them that i had deteriated whilst waiting for the decision they gave me lower points for daily tasks, wtf is the point of doing what tbey ask and tell them if you are getting worse

Sunak wanted to stop it being paid after the initial payment , so long as that doesnt happen . I dont mind assessments but not as often for those of us who have got worse the more time goes on and our conditions get worse not better . I had to wait over a year for the last decision , that has to be sorted out, causes such anxiety to be assessed and over time you realise they lay traps and have targets for saying no , it is fucked up

Just remembered even though i rang them to tell them that i had deteriated whilst waiting for the decision they gave me lower points for daily tasks, wtf is the point of doing what tbey ask and tell them if you are getting worse
Not sure what you mean Kaz by the initial payment. My understanding was that PiP was graned for a set period with review points or, if in a really bad place, prmanently (without review). Also, payments are backdated.

I do understand the stress and anxiety that the assessments cause though.

Lets see what they do, although as I said, if PiP is warranted, I cannot see them touching that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.