The Labour Government

Bit rich coming from someone who saw nothing wrong in the previous shit show - all 5 of them in 14 years - I look forward to your first STARMER OUT post - i expect it on Monday over some trivial matter
One problem fella I never actually said anything nice or supported the fuckers so what the hell are you going on about. Pmsl

Nice like from the resident bluemoon deep thinker though.

I'm quite bored of the persistent attempts in the media/twitter/left to downplay how massive that majority is and how much of a positive shift it is. Yes Starmer culled a lot on the left. Yes his politics aren't ideal. But fuck me, we've had 14 years of absolute corrupt, inept and amateurish dogshit. Starmer and his government won't be perfect but they will be better than the Tories.
Not sure too many are underplaying the size of the majority, to be honest. I've seen plenty of "landslide" and "disaster" type comments being thrown around, depending on what media you're reading. It's bloody huge. What is being questioned is how a party can get one third of the vote, yet get two thirds of the available seats. But that's the FPTP system; he didn't design it, and his party took full advantage of it. Fair play to them. It's time to get down to work now.

Was a big fan of Starmer's response in the press conference to the "Is Rwanda now dead and buried?" question.

"It was already dead and buried. It's never been a deterrent."

Spot on.

He's certainly saying all the right things. And it might just be me, but I've agreed with him way more in the last 24 hours than I did all the way through the campaign - he seems to have found a bit of extra confidence and gumption. We will just have to wait and see if that translates into tangible improvements.
He no longer has to worry about pissing off potential voters so can say what he really thinks. Fortunately that seems to coincide with what I want to hear.

Also pushing more decision making out to the constituent countries should keep the nationalists in Scotland and Wales in their boxes.

I’d agree with that. SNP got a slaughtering as well so building on that is not a bad strategy.

it also points to a man who isn’t hell bent on power. Something I’ve criticised him for so happy to stand corrected by his actions.

Like I say I really want him to do well, it’s in all our interests.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.