The Labour Government

Generally much of the country was in a poor state, mostly through Tory mismanagement.

I hope Labour can get more police onto the streets and negotiate better trade deals as well as increasing our armed forces in an unstable world, but it’s a lot to ask with limited funds.

Personally I’m hoping they do not impose non-dom tax otherwise I’ll be paying about 30k a year in tax. Seriously will have to consider moving abroad if this happens.
Your dreams are going to be shattered

No offence mate but comparing your football team winning a game to how a party wins an election and governs is pretty fuckihg stupid.

The feeling that a lot on here just defend their side no matter what is kind of confounded by such fuckwittery on your behalf.

Bit rich coming from someone who saw nothing wrong in the previous shit show - all 5 of them in 14 years - I look forward to your first STARMER OUT post - i expect it on Monday over some trivial matter

Sorry but this is ridiculous. There’s some junior minister positions that have absolutely always been more suitable to be held by non MPs if those individuals are willing to serve.

You’re just looking for a gotcha and went with the wrong example with Cameron. The better example which would have shown you it’s not a gotcha would have been Johnson bringing in Lord Grimstone or when Brown and then Cameron brought in several economics and finance experts as ministers after the financial crash. Even Johnson doing it with Nicky Powell as a former MP, I don’t remember any criticism for.

None of them got criticised for it as it’s something that’s always been done. Appointing someone to a great office of state that needs to be ennobled to do it is something that happens once in a blue moon and only in times of desperation with the parliamentary party.

Criticising these appointments is done by either partisan political commentators/supporters or people that don’t really follow politics and the projection suggests more the former.

I really don’t get it, not everyone is blindly a supporter of a political party, some people just aren’t idiots and will hold them to account when they deserve it and are still capable of applying rational thought. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of opportunity for that over the next five years. For everyone’s sake, I hope there’s less than there has been for the last decade though.

I find it absolutely staggering to be honest.

Conservative voters...

14 years of crumbling societal infrastructure, corruption and zero standards of integrity: *complete silence*
1 day of Labour: "Oh look, he's driving the wrong car. That man wasn't elected."

The incredibly obvious double standard is genuinely hilarious.

I find it absolutely staggering to be honest.

Conservative voters...

14 years of crumbling societal infrastructure, corruption and zero standards of integrity: *complete silence*
1 day of Labour: "Oh look, he's driving the wrong car. That man wasn't elected."

The incredibly obvious double standard is genuinely hilarious.

It’s the projection that annoys me and thinking everyone else must be motivated by the same thought process.

They’re political parties. Most people don’t have allegiance to any of them, they just want a government to do a good job.

I'd rather she ran for and got the Tory Party leadership so she can finish the work that Johnson began in 2016. I want loads of Tories to consider defecting to Reform then realise thats actually going to make them more unelectable than remaining a Tory MP would

Lee Anderson says hold my beer.

Sorry but this is ridiculous. There’s some junior minister positions that have absolutely always been more suitable to be held by non MPs if those individuals are willing to serve.

You’re just looking for a gotcha and went with the wrong example with Cameron. The better example which would have shown you it’s not a gotcha would have been Johnson bringing in Lord Grimstone or when Brown and then Cameron brought in several economics and finance experts as ministers after the financial crash. Even Johnson doing it with Nicky Powell as a former MP, I don’t remember any criticism for.

None of them got criticised for it as it’s something that’s always been done. Appointing someone to a great office of state that needs to be ennobled to do it is something that happens once in a blue moon and only in times of desperation with the parliamentary party.

Criticising these appointments is done by either partisan political commentators/supporters or people that don’t really follow politics and the projection suggests more the former.

I really don’t get it, not everyone is blindly a supporter of a political party, some people just aren’t idiots and will hold them to account when they deserve it and are still capable of applying rational thought. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of opportunity for that over the next five years. For everyone’s sake, I hope there’s less than there has been for the last decade though.

Some fair points made there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.