The Labour Government

She’s harsh as fuck but she’s correct. The U.K. will be suffering from Tory rule for a while yet.
I said it will take two terms to see any benefits, those that think suddenly it’s going to be all rosy are sadly mistaken. In 2008 I said to the wife it will take 20 years to recover from the crash, well 4 years off and I still think we are feeling those affects, the shite that was austerity whilst bankers still got their bonuses etc, the tories helping out their mates in business, we all know where those ex Tory MPs will be now with directorships. Admittedly Civid didn’t help, but had it not the Tories would’ve carried on with their decimation of public services to the point it would be unable to be rescued no matter what you throw at it.
The next 5 years hopefully won’t be as bad as the previous 14 but there will be some hard decisions made and it won’t please everyone.

By grants I guess you mean loans? By definition if your business qualified for a grant you don't need to pay it back.

I don't mean bounce back loans

I know people (quite a few) in each of the trades I mentioned - that were given large amounts £7k? several times (3 or 4 I think) that they took and carried on working. A good mate of mine put every penny in the bank in case he was ever asked for it back - it stays there earning interest

Another friend in the building trade did the same - even better for him he had just taken a punt at opening a barbers - so got double bubble

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.