The Labour Government

Don't forget your gold-plated, copper-bottomed, index-linked pensions as well. All paid for by who?
You ARE funny.
Your so deluded that you need sectioned.
The self-servatives destroyed Public Sector pensions meaning the pay more, work longer and get less, despite it being sold to new and prospective staff as a form of deferred pay., and all so that their party owners could siphon off more of the taxpayers money in their luxury yachts to tax havens that are mainly British Protectorates.

So a 27% employer contribution isn't a gold-plated, copper-bottom pension scheme?
Wow!
Ah so it’s jealousy now, now I get it, if it’s so good why is there a recruitment problem in police, nhs and lots of other public service jobs, maybe because the wages are crap in comparison to private sector, however that’s balanced out in a way by a decent pension. If the private sector paid you less but gave you 27% towards your pension how would you feel? The same shite every time the Public sector get something, yet when everything is going smooth in the private sector no one gives a shit.

Ah so it’s jealousy now, now I get it, if it’s so good why is there a recruitment problem in police, nhs and lots of other public service jobs, maybe because the wages are crap in comparison to private sector, however that’s balanced out in a way by a decent pension. If the private sector paid you less but gave you 27% towards your pension how would you feel? The same shite every time the Public sector get something, yet when everything is going smooth in the private sector no one gives a shit.
He, she or themselves also remit to mention the 35% cut in wages inflicted on the public sector by 14 years of corruption by the Tories

27% pension contribution is obscene when it’s tax payers money being used. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.

You ARE funny.
Your so deluded that you need sectioned.
The self-servatives destroyed Public Sector pensions meaning the pay more, work longer and get less, despite it being sold to new and prospective staff as a form of deferred pay., and all so that their party owners could siphon off more of the taxpayers money in their luxury yachts to tax havens that are mainly British Protectorates.
Try working in the real world.

27% pension contribution is obscene when it’s tax payers money being used. Stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Wouldn't that depend on whether the whole pay package is excessive? And by avoiding excess, I don't mean that we should race to the bottom with the worst paying private sector employers. I mean by paying fair wages, that ensure staff have a good life, and a good retirement.

As far as taxpayers are concerned, if we assume there's a total amount that the state can afford for a job role, then skewing as much as possible towards a pension is ideal, surely?

The more pensioners who don't need additional financial support, and who have enough money to avoid poverty related ill-health, the better it is for both the pensioner, and for tax payers.

I am always amazed at the willingness of Conservative voters to plunder the depths of the lowest achieving private pensions as a target for where public sector pensions should aim. This is not how society grows and develops: you look for the best and then try to work out how you can achieve something similar.

I am always amazed at the willingness of Conservative voters to plunder the depths of the lowest achieving private pensions as a target for where public sector pensions should aim. This is not how society grows and develops: you look for the best and then try to work out how you can achieve something similar.

If they are not getting a decent equivalent pension provision the answer is to lobby their own employers for better or move to someone who will provide better and make it known thats why you are leaving.

Pension provision was one of my must haves in a job which is why I was able to retire at 60 on a modest but reasonable pension.

Jealously attacking those fortunate enough to have a good pension provision just gets them angry and does SFA to improve their own lot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.