The Labour Government

Jeez, some people in here are taking it hard about Labour being in power.

Im enjoying this brief period where the country is collectively trying to get out of the shite that the last govn brought about. It wont last long though, but yeah, a big fuckoff to those who woould rather see us go back to that shite.

It’s getting a bit boring this notion that people are taking it hard, upset, etc etc about Labour being in power. I want them to do well as it’s in all our interests.

They’re in power so you should expect people to critic their decisions, they’ve done a decent enough job so far (except for the WFA), they are naive to think that public sector workers aren’t going to be queuing up for pay rises - fairly or unfairly they are being seen to crumble to their union mates so far - some people are worried about how it will be affordable. I’m less worried as I think it’s a necessary pain we have to go through to get everyone’s wages up not just public sector - plus we can always squeeze a few more quid out of the pensioners to pay for it (joking obviously).

It’s getting a bit boring this notion that people are taking it hard, upset, etc etc about Labour being in power. I want them to do well as it’s in all our interests.

They’re in power so you should expect people to critic their decisions, they’ve done a decent enough job so far (except for the WFA), they are naive to think that public sector workers aren’t going to be queuing up for pay rises - fairly or unfairly they are being seen to crumble to their union mates so far - some people are worried about how it will be affordable. I’m less worried as I think it’s a necessary pain we have to go through to get everyone’s wages up not just public sector - plus we can always squeeze a few more quid out of the pensioners to pay for it (joking obviously).
I think that Rachel isn't joking! She seems very serious about screwing anyone when it comes to a bit of a shove 'n push!

What's your definition of a poorly paid doctor?

The NHS has to attract and retain skilled medical staff. We will do neither if skilled medical staff can earn more in other countries. Salaries have to reflect skills and the demand for those skills. In the case of a doctor the skill set is high and the demand even higher. Refusal to settle the pay dispute cost the country more than the pay demand itself, which, to be frank, is fucking dumb.

To be fair ‘we are fucking dumb’ was the Tory Govts motto, so not entirely unexpected.

The NHS has to attract and retain skilled medical staff. We will do neither if skilled medical staff can earn more in other countries. Salaries have to reflect skills and the demand for those skills. In the case of a doctor the skill set is high and the demand even higher. Refusal to settle the pay dispute cost the country more than the pay demand itself, which, to be frank, is fucking dumb.

To be fair ‘we are fucking dumb’ was the Tory Govts motto, so not entirely unexpected.
Why don't you just try answering the question?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.