The Labour Government

Interesting reading that Blair has advised Starmer to bring in the identity cards as a way of controling immigration. Something that he tried to bring in but was unable to.

Presumably the idea is to use the ID cards as a way of firstly seeing if a person has a right to reside within the UK and possibly also controlling access to benefits so only those that are entitled to them receive them?

To use ID cards as a means of controlling immigration surely they would have to be compulsory and secondly you would have to have Border Force and immigration official checks much more frequently.

I'm not against ID cards, but I fail to see how bringing them in will control immigration. We are currently unable to deter people from coming to the UK or remove people from the UK so not sure how this would change?
Without an ID card people wouldn't be able to work legally or claim benefits. They aren't bringing them in though.

The tories are scum though, actions speak louder than words

And liars , corrupt, lawbreaking , heartless, uncaring, nasty , do i need to go on ? They ran for the election telling lie after desperate lie , the public saw through it all , you cant defend them

So I am scum? For voting for them?

Starmer does obviously speak very well compared to Snge but that wasn’t the question I posed. Are you suggesting Universities teach you to speak proper?
That wasn't what you actually said was it? and you're now confusing the two different issues I raised.

Your first response, was along the lines of , it doesn't matter how she speaks, she talks straight? We shall have to dissagree on that one.

If you reread my initial post you will see where I explained why I thought a university education was an advantage for many people. But isn't a prerequisite for everyone.

Clearly some people go to university, obtain a degree but still have very little common sense and are detached from realities of everyday life.

A dangerous combination for someone in a postion of power and decision making, sadly we have had a few of those in government in recent times.

Interesting reading that Blair has advised Starmer to bring in the identity cards as a way of controling immigration. Something that he tried to bring in but was unable to.

Presumably the idea is to use the ID cards as a way of firstly seeing if a person has a right to reside within the UK and possibly also controlling access to benefits so only those that are entitled to them receive them?

To use ID cards as a means of controlling immigration surely they would have to be compulsory and secondly you would have to have Border Force and immigration official checks much more frequently.

I'm not against ID cards, but I fail to see how bringing them in will control immigration. We are currently unable to deter people from coming to the UK or remove people from the UK so not sure how this would change?

Migrant workers already have ID cards. It's called a residence permit. It details what type of work they are allowed to undertake and where applicable they also include remarks such as "no public funds".

The tories are scum though, actions speak louder than words

And liars , corrupt, lawbreaking , heartless, uncaring, nasty , do i need to go on ? They ran for the election telling lie after desperate lie , the public saw through it all , you cant defend them
That clearly doesn't apply to everyone who votes Conservative, and certainly not even every MP. The majority of which I am sure go into parliment with the best intentions.

Might be worth remembering that during the MP expenses scandal I'm pretty sure more labour MPs were caught making fraudulent claims than Torys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.