The Labour Government

The point is that the expenses don’t spell it out what class it was yet his detractors have assumed with a level of certainty at odds with the information available that it was first class. I said right from the start it was most likely business class due to all the other fares on the expenses being lower and there being no reason for booking anything other if that’s the department’s travel policy. The price was much more likely to be business class than first. It wasn’t me that was unequivocally deciding what it was, and calling him evil for it.

By the way, the BA flight in two months is still £16k return and I very much doubt the department secretary spends her time on skyscanner trying to pick out cheap flights on a day nearest to the required travel date.

No you can’t tell. I should be a travel agent

IMG_4910.pngIMG_4911.png

Attachments

• IMG_4909.png
    IMG_4909.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
Yep, give it 12 mths and I reckon Ange will start her manoeuvres.

The Labour Party hasn't got a history of leadership challenges whilst in government that so it would be a huge surprise.

It would have to be an embarrassing scandal and he's a cunning political operator and dull bloke, you'll probably be waiting for quite a while.

The most salacious thing in his personal life is that he might wear an Arsenal shirt to bed.

The Labour Party hasn't got a history of leadership challenges whilst in government that so it would be a huge surprise.

It would have to be an embarrassing scandal and he's a cunning political operator and dull bloke, you'll probably be waiting for quite a while.

The most salacious thing in his personal life is that he might wear an Arsenal shirt to bed.
You're right of course about Labour history. But he's made such an unmitigated balls up of everything so far, it seems to me that he may be great at objecting about things and less than useless at reading the room when he actually has to do anything.

Of course no-one knows, and time will tell. But if he carries on with his current popularity trajectory, carries on not even mentioning problems of mass immigration and carries on branding anyone who says anything about it, as a far-right racist, then I think he may well come unstuck.

They shouldn't be accepting gifts at all. In business, bungs used to be commonplace - christmas bottle or two, days out, gifts etc. But nowadays nearly all big companies don't allow it at all. We used to do corporate days e.g. at Wimbledon - not that I ever got to go - but we stopped because most big companies don't allow their staff to accept such things. Rightly so, IMO since it creates an unhealthy bond between the briber and bribee.

Starmer thinks the same, having objected to this sort of thing, ever since him being in opposition. But bungs he or his mates are receiving are ok, obviously.

We can do some GEH things but have to report everything and get approval. You’re right it used to be a lot less bothered with and you could spend whatever you wanted entertaining customers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.