The Labour Government

For sure the likes of Viagogo, but I was thinking private sales
Can't really enforce that. But changing the law will deter some from private resale and the mass on line resale will stop overnight. So it will be much better than what we have now. Starmer said before the GE he was going to end online touting. Let's hope he's as good as his word.

Can't really enforce that. But changing the law will deter some from private resale and the mass on line resale will stop overnight. So it will be much better than what we have now. Starmer said before the GE he was going to end online touting. Let's hope he's as good as his word.

I agree with you, but it's unenforceable when the demand for certain events is high. Stemming it isn't stopping it.

Queue up outside of the venue and get paper tickets, do it the old way. I know it's regressive but it would help but it wont kill touting completely.

Not really no, the resale tax of just VAT is 12.5% which is 12.5% of what the government would get from the bloke outside the venue.

What causes overcharging and the touts who benefit are the marks who are prepared to pay the prices, if there wasn't a market they wouldn't exist.
So you are defending it?? Haha very good. I think our conversation is at an end on this one fella.

I see you’re doubling down even after I proved you wrong.
In case you missed it £8k buys a first class one way ticket tomorrow to Washington DC. A return is £16k.
£6k in 2010 was clearly much more likely to be a business class ticket.
You’d get more respect if you admitted you were wrong sometimes rather than continuing to post nonsense that’s easily demonstrated to be nonsense by looking at the BA website.

Absurd test. Rarely would anyone book work travel within 24 hours.

I can do the first class return flight with BA in 8 weeks or so for under £5k (bizarrely cheaper than business class). There is literally no way of knowing/proving what class of travel he was in.

I’ve no issue with the head of our CPS travelling first class. The board of the company I work for are all permitted to travel first class whereas I am not, I have to travel business or economy if it’s a short flight. It’s the perks of being the big wigs.

So you are defending it?? Haha very good. I think our conversation is at an end on this one fella.

No I am not defending it I am explaining how it happens, without the end user prepared to pay anything for the event there is no need for touts.

We ain't stopping greed overnight.

No I am not defending it I am explaining how it happens, without the end user prepared to pay anything for the event there is no need for touts.

We ain't stopping greed overnight.
You seem to be defending it to me saying that the demand is there so its not the resale conpanies fault and they pay tax. Or have I missed something.

Anyway Haha utd three nil down. Haha.

You seem to be defending it to me saying that the demand is there so its not the resale conpanies fault and they pay tax. Or have I missed something.

Anyway Haha utd three nil down. Haha.

No mate I am not saying that I am just pointing out it's effectively greed that causes it ;-)

I don't know how to feel about the score at the swamp, I am happy but feel dirty at the same time.

Absurd test. Rarely would anyone book work travel within 24 hours.

I can do the first class return flight with BA in 8 weeks or so for under £5k (bizarrely cheaper than business class). There is literally no way of knowing/proving what class of travel he was in.

I’ve no issue with the head of our CPS travelling first class. The board of the company I work for are all permitted to travel first class whereas I am not, I have to travel business or economy if it’s a short flight. It’s the perks of being the big wigs.
The point is that the expenses don’t spell it out what class it was yet his detractors have assumed with a level of certainty at odds with the information available that it was first class. I said right from the start it was most likely business class due to all the other fares on the expenses being lower and there being no reason for booking anything other if that’s the department’s travel policy. The price was much more likely to be business class than first. It wasn’t me that was unequivocally deciding what it was, and calling him evil for it.

By the way, the BA flight in two months is still £16k return and I very much doubt the department secretary spends her time on skyscanner trying to pick out cheap flights on a day nearest to the required travel date.

Last edited:
I think they should pay tax for all these gifts in kind (which I don’t believe they do today). Won’t raise billions but would make it look less like they’ve got their collective noses in the trough and perhaps they’ll accept less of these gifts if they have to dip in to their own pockets as well.
They shouldn't be accepting gifts at all. In business, bungs used to be commonplace - christmas bottle or two, days out, gifts etc. But nowadays nearly all big companies don't allow it at all. We used to do corporate days e.g. at Wimbledon - not that I ever got to go - but we stopped because most big companies don't allow their staff to accept such things. Rightly so, IMO since it creates an unhealthy bond between the briber and bribee.

Starmer thinks the same, having objected to this sort of thing, ever since him being in opposition. But bungs he or his mates are receiving are ok, obviously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.