The Labour Government

We’ll see how many new laws we get. That will be the proof for me. He’s no economist from what I read, if we need growth I’m not sure he’s the man. Need someone dynamic, inspirational and more off the cuff. He only reads things, very scripted, dare I say boring.
PMs have a chancellor.
You must know him personally

We’ll see how many new laws we get. That will be the proof for me. He’s no economist from what I read, if we need growth I’m not sure he’s the man. Need someone dynamic, inspirational and more off the cuff. He only reads things, very scripted, dare I say boring.
Perhaps if we get new laws, they may be for the better, then what’s your view?

I don't agree with that at all. Sure he condemned the riots, well done.

He also clearly leaned on the judiciary, presumably through influence and former contacts to dish out sentences which in some cases were utterly ludicrous. I find that VERY disconcerting indeed. The judiciary are supposed to be impartial, but demonstrably in many cases, they were not.

I don't know what pressure he applied to the police either, because we CLEARLY saw two-tier policing in action. White people being arrested for doing nothing more than shouting, and in other situations, Muslim gangs with knives just being asked nicely by the police if they wouldn't mind dropping them off at the Mosque. And when asked about two-tier policing, all he does is get tetchy about it, rather than addressing the question and the issue.

He also alienated thousands of Labour voters in deprived areas, branding anyone who was outside anywhere near a riot as a far-right thug/racist. I am sure that went down well. And given his massive pro-European anti-brexit mindset, he has completely failed to make any comment about him understanding tension and issues caused by mass immigration, which was what the protests were all about.

I would not call all of the above "spot on". The public don't either, hence his approval ratings. Do you not realise that immigration is THE biggest issue the electorate are concerned about, and throughout the disturbances, he didn't mention it at all. Which IMO shows his arrogance and complete lack of political nouse. This will ultimately cost him IMO.
I'll go out on a limb and say anyone out on a riot against immigration is not likely to be a Labour voter, or if they are I'd rather not be asking for their vote.

Whereas the Tories have provided the rhetoric that we heard from the rioters.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.