The Labour Government

I think Australia (or parts of) introduced a rule whereby if universities wanted to increase the number of international students they bring in, they also had to provide the equivalent number of accommodation spaces to house them. I feel like that'd be a good move, not just for international students, but for students in general. But then universities are underfunded to fuck in the UK these days, and increasingly relying on fee-paying international students to subsidize things, so it's not exactly an easy solution.
Fore a start, they should stop offering degree courses on medieval basket-weaving, and run only what they can afford. I don't think it's a great move to be educating Chinese en masse, in our top universities, given they are internationally the biggest threat to our long term wealth.

Get a full time job instead?

You can put money in pensions you know.

Why do landlords need special pleading? The majority are selfish and entitled cunts.
That's a really sweeping discriminatory statement. Where is your evidence for such an unpleasant statement? Truth is you don't have any.

What if you got a full time job and your company hasn’t offered pensions till there had to and the type of work will never get a good pension

What if that person can graft do overtime to get into a position to do that , defo a **** really

Or should people like me just work till we dead
What if you were daft enough to only start saving in a pension until you had to?

That's a really sweeping discriminatory statement. Where is your evidence for such an unpleasant statement? Truth is you don't have any.

The fact that they are hoarding assets and do very little work?

Yes, it's much worse than people creating huge social problems due to lack of available housing and then spending the majority of their time on the golf course.

A friend of mine had 4 houses she rented out, she's now has two apartments in Lytham. The reason being non payment, causing damage to the properties and stealing a boiler, it was too stressful. Some of her renters were on benefit's, they were the worse because they got their PIP/Universal Credit payments which included rent allowance but "forgot" to pay their rent.

Before anyone pulls me up I know I've used a tautology.

It's not discrimination it's purely financial, she was in danger of going broke, most Landlords have finance to pay on properties with hopefully a profit at the end of the year. If some renters are likely to default it's a business decision not to take them on.
PIP “rental allowance” you say?
Tell me more.
I’ve been a DLA/PIP adviser for nearly thirty years and I’ve never heard of it.

The fact that they are hoarding assets and do very little work?

Yes, it's much worse than people creating huge social problems due to lack of available housing and then spending the majority of their time on the golf course.
That's just not true. We've discussed this before, if a home is rented it doesnt create a shortfall in housing. You must try and not judge whole sections of the economy based on your own politics of envy.

No landlord is poverty stricken as if there are , there doing a bad job and shouldn’t be renting homes out

I put money into a private one

Most landlords are far from scum or greedy most just want a bit of pension money

Can I ask what do you do as a job /or did

I get why people would do it, it’s wealth creating wealth for people not just in the proper upper echelons.

The problem though is underlying it is people feel they need to do it for reasons like you say - to prop up their pension. If we had companies paying people what they should be and also providing pension contributions even remotely similar to what they used to, then they wouldn’t feel the need to go into things to supplement their income or pension and we wouldn’t have a housing market that young people can’t either save up enough to buy themselves as they have to spend so much on rent or mortgage themselves up the eyeballs, both of which reduce also their quality of life by giving them less disposable income elsewhere.

It’s a horrible legacy we’re passing on the next generation.

That's just not true. We've discussed this before, if a home is rented it doesnt create a shortfall in housing. You must try and not judge whole sections of the economy based on your own politics of envy.

It's not the politics of envy. I don't envy landlords. Keep up at the back.

Landlords buying up more and more housing and continually pushing the price up above wage inflation is not something to be applauded.

If landlords want to do something of benefit, buy commercial property instead.

No landlord is poverty stricken as if there are , there doing a bad job and shouldn’t be renting homes out

I put money into a private one

Most landlords are far from scum or greedy most just want a bit of pension money

Can I ask what do you do as a job /or did

You can ask. But I don't have to answer.

So put the rest in a private pension then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.