The Labour Government

I think you envy people's wealth. Price increases in rent are driven by a lack of housing. Or empty homes, second homes. Not landlords renting properties.

So if landlords A puts a property on the market for X amount and is able to get a tenant in at that amount, it has no effect on Landlord B when he takes a look and sees he can get the same and puts his prices up accordingly?

If I envied them wouldn't I want to copy them?

I regard many BTL landlords as pathetic and vacuous. Spend your money enjoy it. Create a real business. Even setting up an Airbnb is a more worthwhile pursuit than landlordism.

So if landlords A puts a property on the market for X amount and is able to get a tenant in at that amount, it has no effect on Landlord B when he takes a look and sees he can get the same and puts his prices up accordingly?

I regard many BTL landlords as pathetic and vacuous. Spend your money enjoy it. Create a real business. Even setting up an Airbnb is a more worthwhile pursuit than landlordism.
Has a landlord treated you badly in the past is that why you hate them

I know you won’t give your background away

But what have you invested in ? And how did you go about it as I’m all about learning

PIP “rental allowance” you say?
Tell me more.
I’ve been a DLA/PIP adviser for nearly thirty years and I’ve never heard of it.
Good for you, well done, I don't have your extensive knowledge of welfare benefits but you're being disingenuous if you don't accept some claimants can get Universal Payments paid direct to them and are responsible to pay Landlords which many didn't.

I'm not surprised your's an adviser in this field, you abuse a lot of posters on here who have a different opinion, you think you're a smart arse but I'm not buying it, bet you're a right barrel of laughs.

Last edited:
Good for you, well done, I don't have your extensive knowledge of welfare benefits but you're being disingenuous if you don't accept some claimants can get Universal Payments paid direct to them and are responsible to pay Landlords which many didn't.

I'm not surprised your an adviser in this field, you abuse a lot of posters on here who have a different opinion, you think you're a smart arse but I'm not buying it, bet you're a right barrel of laughs.

Can you send that to him in triplicate please?

I'm not surprised your an adviser in this field, you abuse a lot of posters on here who have a different opinion, you think you're a smart arse but I'm not buying it, bet you're a right barrel of laughs.
PIP has nothing to do with benefits that help with rent though, it's a disability payment and completely irrelevant to the point you was making.

Most claimants get universal credit paid to them. In most places the housing element of UC isn't enough to pay the rent without topping it up with the money from their remaining benefits.

So makes sense to make one combined payment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.