The Labour Government

they had no choice but to pay fairly the doctors and trains, both absolutely vital to the economy and well being of our nation.
they could have ignored negotiations and delayed rises and allow strikes like the Tories have done for years - which in turn massively increases the debt.
Train Drivers are not that skilled, £45k would be fair, my mates SIL was on £65k before the pay rise, it's not a difficult job and the training was 6 months, absolute fucking joke.

Train Drivers are not that skilled, £45k would be fair, my mates SIL was on £65k before the pay rise, it's not a difficult job and the training was 6 months, absolute fucking joke.
You sound like one of our driver managers who isn't a qualified driver and thinks they know what the job entails.

You sound like one of our driver managers who isn't a qualified driver and thinks they know what the job entails.
I'll admit I don't know much about it but I wouldn't think it's too much different skill wise to driving a bus or HGV, free on the job training as well and 6 months doesn't sound complicated. I'm open to being educated about the complexities but I know/have known a couple of train drivers, the one currently qualified is a decent lad, reasonably intelligent but the one who was previously a driver was a bit of a thick piss head.

they had no choice but to pay fairly the doctors and trains, both absolutely vital to the economy and well being of our nation.
they could have ignored negotiations and delayed rises and allow strikes like the Tories have done for years - which in turn massively increases the debt.
It's easy to argue though that the optics aren't exactly great.

Doctors and train drivers deserve a payrise but their salaries are above average and usually lie in the top 20% earners. Some doctors are easily earning six figures.

Do pensioners need help with their winter fuel allowance? Around 1/5 to 1/4 of pensioners are asset millionaires so arguably it should at least be means tested.

Meanwhile neither of these points affect the majority of people in the country and everything else such as health, education etc will likely stay shite for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
In the Labour manifesto not a whisper of the WFP cut, it was a soft/easy target by the chancellor taking away the WFP. In the run up to the election It was all about Non doms

The number of people who claimed non-dom status in the UK has risen slightly since the Covid pandemic.
Some 74,000 people claimed non-dom status in 2022-23, up from 68,900 in 2021-22, HM Revenue & Customs data showed.
============================
The new Labour government has pledged to scrap the non-dom tax status to raise more money for the NHS and other public services and tax fraud, nothing yet about how they hope to achieve the billions of pounds tax fraud I expected to hear more about an increase in tax inspectors and fraud officers

Why they didn’t announce the WFP would be phased out slowly by the increase in a state pension much easier to accept by the left wing of government giving pensioners time to adjust, there was nothing about bringing down the price of gas and electricity that everyone pays less.
The trade union congress enjoying the passing of the Tory party members that lost their seats :) how they will work with government on restoring public services, that’s good to hear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.