The Labour Government

I'm fully reserving judgement till the budget is announced, if they go in with pure doom and gloom mode I won't be happy. You can be realistic about the state of the country without making us all feel miserable and hopeless. So please have some positives Reeves fs.

I'm hopeful, but they do seem to have gone bigger than most expected on the "things are bad" narrative, and it would not totally shock me if they keep that up for the budget.

They know what their plans are, and they know they have five years, so they may be thinking longer term. After all, it's easier to say "our changes worked and now we can spend more", if you've had a budget that appears tough. Saying that, I'm hoping that the 'tough' parts will be wealth taxes, and a "reframing" of the borrowing rules.

So let’s give our pensioners fuck all and make themfreeze to death while we keep allowing these fuckers on boats to come in and milk the country dry . What a state we are in

Last edited:
Reactions: PPT
I'm hopeful, but they do seem to have gone bigger than most expected on the "things are bad" narrative, and it would not totally shock me if they keep that up for the budget.

They know what their plans are, and they know they have five years, so they may be thinking longer term. After all, it's easier to say "our changes worked and now we can spend more", if you've had a budget that appears tough. Saying that, I'm hoping that the 'tough' parts will be wealth taxes, and a "reframing" of the borrowing rules.

I can endorse this pov and I really hope you are right but I just can’t shake the feeling this is wishful thinking that creates a pit on my stomach.

I can endorse this pov and I really hope you are right but I just can’t shake the feeling this is wishful thinking that creates a pit on my stomach.
If there are wealth taxes, I suspect they will be limited to inheritance. Tax on high earnings is a different matter.

They did however promise not to do them didn't they? The very policies that they called the Tories out on they are keeping, but they are getting a free run at this aren't they?

Most of what you mention in the first paragraph is nonsense and you know it, a free breakfast and build more houses? Well most of the kids wouldn't get there early enough for a breakfast which will probably be funded down to the bone and if you bother to look everywhere in this country we are building houses of every kind on every available plot.

However we can't keep up with the net migration we can't build them fast enough or for the right people ie the people with no money to buy them.

2 child policy
Bedroom tax

Start with those 2 but they wont will they?

You've misspelled White

tell me your a racist ... without actually saying the word ''Racist''

Please tell us which Government introduced the 2 Child policy and the Bedroom Tax.....and which party you support

So somebody's else's problem then, even though the government points out that people retiring early is a big part of the problem as these are typically the higher skilled individuals who generate more wealth for the UK.

As regards spending its no different an argument to someone worth a few tens of millions spending money by buying bottles of Dom Perignon RD from the local wine merchants, employing a local gardener to do their topiary and booking their luxury holidays through the local travel agents.

In reality you dont need to spend it in the economy now, in fact you saving it is like a nice long term investment for the government, ensuring that you will have enough money to pay for your care and what's left they will be able to strip the bones to take as inheritance tax or the pension provider will pocket and return as a healthy profit which in turn will be subject to tax.

I am of course saying this all in jest and apologies for picking on you.

No single group is the answer or all the problem. Yet some would have you believe that there is very much an us and them argument to be had where one group should pick up the tab and the rest remain untouched.

With getting people into employment, its maybe less about the jobs being ones that nobody wants to do and more about the salary on offer for doing it, this being particularly the case with care providers who whilst making very healthy profits pay their staff derisory wages.

As you pointed out the other issue is training, historically the public sector had a conveyor belt of people who were trained to a very high standard, back in the days of public owned utilities and railways, their training was second to none. What this did, was create a highly skilled workforce. Whilst the tax payer might have been footing the bill, when they left to work in the private sector, as many inevitably did, those skills and knowledge drove profitability for private businesses which is what you need if you want to fix the GDP conundrum. Maybe thinking long term with skills strategies rather than the continual roundabout of 5yr political cycles might just set us on a better path.
No need to apologise. It's amazing how people on here are so entrenched and can't go anywhere near the centre ground, or even common sense.

Last edited:
I agree entirely. But then don’t blame the previous government for the costs involved. Be honest with people. The winter fuel payment sleight of hand trick should have been in the manifesto. Plain and simple. It wasn’t even mentioned. That’s deceitful.
How could it have been in the manifesto if they didn't know about the extent of the deficit? Plain and simple question-answer it for once!

Train Drivers are not that skilled, £45k would be fair, my mates SIL was on £65k before the pay rise, it's not a difficult job and the training was 6 months, absolute fucking joke.
And you know that how? Are you one?

What do you do for a living-just so all of us who don't do your job can decide if you're worth it or not. and I'm serious, share with us what you do, don't be shy. Unless you run a county lines OCG of course!!

Surely you can see that this is exactly what, certainly the last government wanted, turn worker against worker-it seems to have worked perfectly.

Last edited:
You've misspelled White

tell me your a racist ... without actually saying the word ''Racist''

Please tell us which Government introduced the 2 Child policy and the Bedroom Tax.....and which party you support

Tell me you're a Labour voter without telling me you're not a tory in disguise.

And by right people I meant poor people that need council houses, but you froth on with your race baiting garbage you non Labour Labour voting manifestation of a Turnip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.