The Labour Government

Slightly off topic but I've noticed a lot of my Facebook "friends" moaning about Labour and Starmers stance on pensions and especially immigration on a daily basis the last few weeks. Not a fucking peep in the previous 14 years being governed by the most corrupt self serving shower of cunts we've ever had in government. I suspect this thread is exactly the same

Class becomes an issue when the well off working class seem to not care that the poor working class shoulder the burden. People have a short memory of where they came from in my opinion.

Again, Labour should be fucking everyone except the poor but that isn't going to happen is it?
What nonsense you spout. So you're in favour of pensioners paying 40% tax receiving the WFA being subsidised by someone on minimum wage? I've always said the way they've done it is clumsy. They need to change it and stop the cliff edge situation they've created-end of. But I also recognisr that the system needs some reform and changing the universality of this is a start. If you don't agree, tell us that you're happy with someone on £50k + pension should be subsidised by someone on £20k or even "the poor working class". If you're not, tell us the alternative.

Many don’t realise it was Labour who fundamentally changed public service pensions back in 2006, work longer pay more get less, it was Labour who implemented further increases in state pension ages.
Let’s face it most will have to work until 70, then even though you may live till 90, is it really living, you arent exactly going bungee jumping in your days off then, the money you have saved will be for your very expensive care home, I think if I got to 70, I’d sell up go and rent for the next 20 years and blow the fucking lot.

I retired 3 years ago at 60 on workplace pensions. Won't see state until 68. I own my house - does benefits pick up the rent if you sell up and go to rent

I'm fully reserving judgement till the budget is announced, if they go in with pure doom and gloom mode I won't be happy. You can be realistic about the state of the country without making us all feel miserable and hopeless. So please have some positives Reeves fs.
Uttered many times on the Kippax in the late 70s/early 80s!

Slightly off topic but I've noticed a lot of my Facebook "friends" moaning about Labour and Starmers stance on pensions and especially immigration on a daily basis the last few weeks. Not a fucking peep in the previous 14 years being governed by the most corrupt self serving shower of cunts we've ever had in government. I suspect this thread is exactly the same
You suspect right. It's uncanny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.