The Labour Government

Weird watching a conservative and labour supporters discus the winter payment taken of the pensioners, it was like roles reversed!
Yes I was extremely critical of the last government I had to retire from the thread, I’ll be just as critical of the Labour government when they make what I consider is the wrong decision. Starmer is not stupid why target the WFP first it is deliberate he won’t save that much but why ? I’m dreading the budget

Somebody needs to tell the absolute self serving shits that masquerade as politicians that.

We all should be and reminding whoever’s in charge they govern for all, not just those that voted for them.

We should be telling it to each other too. We’re increasingly getting the partisanship of American politics over here and it’s a slippery slope. I still believe we’re cleverer than that as a society.

I’m wary of anyone that overly supports a political party. They’re all there to serve us, not the other way round.
Bloke near me who supports Labour like we support City.
Seen him getting overly giddy and cheering etc when canvassing with prospective candidates.
Odd.
Hes tried a few times, unsuccessfully, to become a councillor.

Anyone desiring to be any sort of politician is just a busy **** who wants to boss others around .

There will never be a political system that pleases - there will always be uproar about policies. I have faith the vast majority of MPs want what’s best for the country but recognise it’s a poison chalice, you simply have to make unfavourable decisions at times.

Yours and the sudden understanding of unfavourable decisions by the government of the day by many other very vocal posters on here is both admirable and laughable at the same time.

Sir Kier thanks you for your support.

Yours and the sudden understanding of unfavourable decisions by the government of the day by many other very vocal posters on here is both admirable and laughable at the same time.

Sir Kier thanks you for your support.

After 14 years of unfavourable decisions i will allow Labour a lot more than 2 months to jump on their backs at every turn, they've inherited a car crash and there is no easy fix.

There will never be a political system that pleases - there will always be uproar about policies. I have faith the vast majority of MPs want what’s best for the country but recognise it’s a poison chalice, you simply have to make unfavourable decisions at times.
No, you don't, especially ones that can be avoided and aren't necessary.

Nobody was asking for WFP to be cancelled. Nobody saw WFP as an unnecessary drain on funds. Labour came to that conclusion and made that decision on their own and everyone is rightly calling them out on it.

No, you don't, especially ones that can be avoided and aren't necessary.

Nobody was asking for WFP to be cancelled. Nobody saw WFP as an unnecessary drain on funds. Labour came to that conclusion and made that decision on their own and everyone is rightly calling them out on it.

because they did it for a laugh and want old people to freeze ?

Or because the energy cap is £200 less than last year, Pensions have risen £900 this year, likely to rise £460 a year next year, vast majority of pensioners have at least one income source in addition to the state pension and those who don't are being urged by ministers to apply for pension credit.

because they did it for a laugh and want old people to freeze ?

Or because the energy cap is £200 less than last year, Pensions have risen £900 this year, likely to rise £460 a year next year, vast majority of pensioners have at least one income source in addition to the state pension and those who don't are being urged by ministers to apply for pension credit.
They didn't need to do it at all. Now it's a PR disaster when even prominent, vocal Labour supporters are voicing their concerns.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.