The Labour Government

I’m up no one’s arse, simply mature enough to know not everything will be sorted overnight nor pathetic enough to believe every rumour on social media.
The whiff says otherwise. And you may not be pathetic enough to believe every rumour on social media, but are you pathetic enough to believe Reeves and Starmers lies about finding a £22bn black hole, days after signing off said accounts with no black hole? Naive enough to think that Reeves and Starmer "had no choice" but to rob pensioners? If you think either of those things are true, then you are more naive than you think.

The first few months of a new government are vital in restoring some faith after the previous government failed miserably.
Sadly I feel Labour have dropped the ball by making unnecessary policy changes that give the right wing media the perfect excuse to go hard on them.
Really poor strategy from them which will make them a target going forward.
Such a poor decision that rightly gives their opposition plenty of ammunition.
I thought he would be smarter than that.
The breathtaking lack of self awareness from the Tories on here though us another level.

Just surfing through the many pages of this thread - since the WFA announcement - I think that this sort of thing floating around just shows what a clumsy piece of 'handling' it has been

I had thought / expected the Labour leadership to be a lot 'smoother' than this evidences.

Open to so many shots - for very small gain

I got sent this one as well

1726067137762.png

Proper 'own goal'

Last edited:
That's not my point, my point is that instead of changing a few cruel policies Labour will keep them and they will use them to get in the next time ballot boxes are dusted off.

First major policy change? Rob pensioners.

As I said old Labour would have thrown the **** out of his office.
While Kier Starmer spins, Kier Hardie is spinning in his grave.

Whilst obviously the cold weather payment is a bit of an own goal it does seem people are overacting a tad.
Firstly isn't it going to be means tested?
Secondly the government inherited an economy on its knees due to the utter incompetence of the Tories 14 years in office.
They have got to make tough decisions. Given that a lot of pensioners have been fortunate to ride the property gravy train the last 40 years whilst youngsters have a pretty uncertain future, maybe said means testing is not out of order if some of the saved money can go to the more needy.
And finally Elon Musk earnt 68 billion dollars in 2023. The inequality inherent in the current iteration of capitalism is failing us all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.