The Labour Government

I wonder if they will look at council tax, saw an itv article about how it’s cheaper in Kensington than Blackpool, the poorest areas have the highest rates because the burden on those councils is more, why can’t they come up with a system which is universal and then allocated around the country? If they try to redo the valuations then how the hell do they do that it would be some undertaking, I don’t know how they did it in 91.

That’s not a bad idea actually. The councils will hate it mind.

It's largely irrelevant as it does not reflect the efficiency of the Council or the quality of service delivered. It's almost a random figure.

For many years, Westminster had a very low Council tax and was held up as an exemplar. No one mentioned that due to various factors it got a huge government grant. As a parallel, imagine I was given 100k a year by the state. Would my standard of living reflect my hard work or prudence? Could I look at people on 20k and call them dossers? Or would it just be completely random?

Everyone is bound by law to pay Council tax and if they don't, councillors or otherwise, they are open to prosecution.

Like I said, very few people understand the full complexities of the system. Those that do probably work in the Treasury. The average punter has no chance at all of understanding. Not unless they are prepared to do a shit ton of research. (I don't mean ten minutes on the internet reading the Daily Mail and picking out the cliches.)
Knock yourselves out.

Looking clear that Labour has killed the recovery to growth of 6% predicted back in June. - The economy has flattened since the election.
O wonder if Reeves is a Kwarteng style idiot or just incompetent?
Still, record Capital Gains tax receipts will paper over the cracks for now (till they fall off a cliff after the budget).
Seriously? Growth was zero in June and July. It had already flattened. Maybe Sunak called the election because he knew the "highest growth in the G7" was a helpful blip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.