The Labour Government

Looking clear that Labour has killed the recovery to growth of 6% predicted back in June. - The economy has flattened since the election.
O wonder if Reeves is a Kwarteng style idiot or just incompetent?
Still, record Capital Gains tax receipts will paper over the cracks for now (till they fall off a cliff after the budget).

Can’t blame Labour for this. Nowt to do with their watch. Once she’s got her first budget done then you can start to hold the successes or failures at Labours door. By next summer I’d say will be fair.

Calling it now. You will be nowhere to be seen to say you got it wrong when proven so.

I guess it depends what we mean by privatisation. Free at point of delivery will remain but we are going to see private pharmacies servicing more and more of the community health needs, from prescribing for common illnesses to providing certain forms of Chemo therapy. We are going to see more cancer treatments provided by non NHS providers in more centralised locations.

In short where once your medical needs were served solely by GPs or Hospitals is absolutely not going to be the case going forward (and was actually changing more and more under the tories as well so this is a continuation of that).

Is it wrong? I don’t think so long as it remains free at point of delivery as it frees up more skilled clinicians to do more. The NHS has forever evolved, once a nurse would take your temperature and tuck you in at night now they do more and more of the work that was once the sole remit of the doctors and HCA’s do the work that was once the remit of the nurses and so on and so forth.

Reactions: PPT
Seriously? Growth was zero in June and July. It had already flattened. Maybe Sunak called the election because he knew the "highest growth in the G7" was a helpful blip.
And growth in Germany is -0.1% and hasn't been over 1% for 3 years. And some think Labour should be posting growth just 2 months in? Madness.

I'm always surprised that people think that the government merely needs to do 'something' and we'd then see record growth. We trade mostly with Europe and Europe is economically on its arse so we too economically will end up on our arse. The secondary focus is then China and the US who both are similarly falling onto their arses.

It doesn't matter if Sunak, Starmer or Count Binface are in power, it's irrelevant. The world has still yet to recover completely from COVID or even the spectre of 2008. Any hope of surpassing even 2% growth in this climate is just lunacy.

And growth in Germany is -0.1% and hasn't been over 1% for 3 years. And some think Labour should be posting growth just 2 months in? Madness.

I'm always surprised that people think that the government merely needs to do 'something' and we'd then see record growth. We trade mostly with Europe and Europe is economically on its arse so we too economically will end up on our arse. The secondary focus is then China and the US who both are similarly falling onto their arses.

It doesn't matter if Sunak, Starmer or Count Binface are in power, it's irrelevant. The world has still yet to recover completely from COVID or even the spectre of 2008. Any hope of surpassing even 2% growth in this climate is just lunacy.
I'd vote for the binface party

You know full well what I am on about and that’s why you won’t answer.

You’re pretending outrage at the thought of pensioners not being able to claim benefits they may be entitled to which would be an admirable outrage if you were consistent that all those entitled to benefits were able to claim them but we all know you’re not.

You’re butt-sore because the election didn’t go the way you wanted. I’ve got news for you. You lost. Heavily.
And it’s marvellous.

Prepare to pay up for the next five or ten years. Labour are going to come for you and yours to redress the balance.
And I’m here for it. It’s glorious.
You're dreaming. Your rambling post was so incoherent and well, just bizarre, I had no fucking clue what on earth you were on about.

And you're at it again, "Labour are going to come for you and yours" WTF are you talking about. I am not Philip fucking Green you moron. I am a working class bloke from Hazel Grove, not Windsor.

And to state for the record, yes, I am absolutely 100% in favour of people being able to claim any and all benefits due to them. So you can fuck off with that as well. Pillock.

Last edited:
He just wanted his side to win the election fella, he doesn't care much about the effects of the policies. Its ironic he's called himself Vic and has become a Tory.

He will always be VicTory to me now:-)
Well, if you look at my posts on the subject, I think you'll find I've been careful not to say what I actually think of the decision to stop wfa. All I've sought to do is give a bit of perspective -

(a) that it will not be ruinous for most pensioners - average pensioner income is two-thirds the average wage and pensioners don't usually have big housing costs, travel to work costs or families to feed;
(b) that pensioner poverty should be dealt with (so not dealing with the just-above-pension-credit level cohort is a mistake);
(c) that compared to last winter, energy costs are down, some food prices are actually down, and pensions have gone up in the last two years by nearly ten times the basic wfa;
(d) that the Tories seem to be simultaneously disgusted with Labour's decision but disgustingly gleeful about it, and
(e) if 2 million pensioners survived Trussonomics and 11% inflation, decimated bus services and other Tory cuts, most will survive this. (Insensitive, but true.)

Oh, and the increase in the age at which the rest of you start to get your pension is necessary because it all costs money and I'm sure the 4% Tory NI cut will compensate you for that. (Now have I got the Tory "divide and rule" philosophy about right?)

I think I'll have a night off now.

We do ..... but sadly it goes to the privatised areas of the NHS .... the profitable ones that were sold off .

This is a good chart. Staffing up 23%, spending up 19% yet productivity up 3%. For years we’ve heard the NHS needs more money and that will fix all its ills.

IMG_4932.jpeg

That’s clearly not the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.