The Labour Government

What puzzles me is this. If the Government know that umpteen thousand pensioners are eligible for pension credits, they must know they satisfy the criteria to receive it so why not simply pay it rather than put tons of paperwork in front of them
The whole benefit system suffers from a lack of clarity. Millions of people are entitled to claim things but don't know about them.
It is up to the individual to find out as govt policy has been to not tell them.
In the past it was possible to walk into a CAB and get the info but most of the bureaus were shut down by, er, guess who?

Financial impact statement released 3 days after the vote. 7 in 10 disabled pensioners to lose.
It’s pretty shocking. Some of the most vulnerable people in society will be effected by it and they basically haven’t even assessed that.

They keep saying pensions will go up, but from what I’ve read that isn’t until April next year.. so huge numbers of elderly people will suffer until then.

They’ve had a shocker with this - a policy that wasn’t necessary

Last edited:
It’s pretty shocking. Some of the most vulnerable people in society will be effected by it and they basically haven’t even assessed that.

They keep saying pensions will go up, but from what I’ve read that isn’t until April next year.. so huge numbers of elderly people will suffer until then.

It does seem to be a spectacularly unessesary own goal. There must be some fiscal low hanging fruit elsewhere. Personally I'd rather we kept our pensioners warm and well fed by clipping some of the cash we are funneling into the arms industry.

It is rumoured that the single occupancy council tax reduction is to be scrapped. So all those little old widows with small incomes will have to fork out more, of cause they could apply for a rebate by filling in a 200 page application.

Reactions: PPT
It is rumoured that the single occupancy council tax reduction is to be scrapped. So all those little old widows with small incomes will have to fork out more, of cause they could apply for a rebate by filling in a 200 page application.
So, we have the WFA, CT discount, bus passes, and now single occupancy.

All them would be a ‘specific’ attack on our poorer pensioners, are any of them about to happen?

Or call 0800 99 1234 and the person taking the call will complete it for you - also not all questions have to be answered

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.