The Labour Government

I have a few shares i could sell, was waiting till a few more years time but my credit card is ramped and savings gone on merlins operation , anyone know if you have to pay tax on a couple of grands worth ? Sorry not real!y the thread to be in

What puzzles me is this. If the Government know that umpteen thousand pensioners are eligible for pension credits, they must know they satisfy the criteria to receive it so why not simply pay it rather than put tons of paperwork in front of them

Because they "know" the approximate numbers who should be eligable, but don't "know" exactly who they are.

I have a few shares i could sell, was waiting till a few more years time but my credit card is ramped and savings gone on merlins operation , anyone know if you have to pay tax on a couple of grands worth ? Sorry not real!y the thread to be in
Are they in an ISA ?

If so, you won’t have any tax to pay

If not you would have a tax free allowance of £3000 this tax year, but pay CGT at either 10% or 20% on the remainder of the profit (capital gain)

My Mrs was turned down 3 days after submitting her claim form because of a 3 year gap in NI contributions according to hmrc records. Took us 4 months appealing until tax office admitted they had 'lost' her records.
You were shafted then, unless they were saying they couldn’t link her to a NI number.
You don’t have to have any NI record to qualify for PIP.
See
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/before-claiming/check-you-are-eligible/#:~:text=You%20can%20make%20a%20PIP,savings%20or%20you're%20working.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.