The Labour Government

I mean your immediate response to the poster who first raised this possibility was to accuse them of shit stirring so glass houses and all that.

As for your previous post there is not much to add to Mackenzie's reply except that it not just unfair in terms of affordability. Single occupancy households are less of a strain on services than multi occupancy so why should they pay the same anyway.

If you are so keen on taking money off people who don't need it why aren't you advocating for wealth taxes?
If they are looking to raise money through fiddling around with CT, then they need to come up with a system that is much fairer than what is being rumoured.
And some of us are old enough to remember how it went for Thatcher and the Poll Tax.
What that might be I don't know, and I'm willing to do my bit, but only when it's fair.

At what age does taking personal responsibility end? Being proud won't keep you warm but they were perfectly fine having WFA it was still a benefit just in a different name. These people aren't babies. And anyone with dementia or other serious health issues should be getting claims done for them by care providers or family if they have them. The internet has been out for over 30 years being a luddite isn't an excuse anymore.
Valid points but working in the NHS I can tell you there are many many older people who I have seen admitted with no one.

No carers, no family, just elderly frail people struggling along everyday. Of course when they do come in they then get social services input but up to thst point there’s a lot of people not able to complete applications with no one to help.

Have none of the people released early under the Tories' early release scheme committed an offence?
Don't know VicTory but if they had I'm sure it would have been mentioned. But this is now about the current govt. You can't seem to get your head around it, i mean it even says Labour Government in the thread title.

This could be a new low

Yeah but people got selxually assaulted under the Tories as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.