The Labour Government

I don't like monkeys. I was taken to Belle Vue when I was about 4 and one showed me it's arse. I was mortified lol

We haven't evolved that much really have we? I went to college with a lad who liked to moon a lot. He was eventually cured of it when he fell out of a bedroom window doing it.

My vague recollections of both the zoo and the circus all carry a faint feeling of being freaked out, strangely apart from the clowns which I loved.

Nothing to do with the Labour government but that conversation seems to have got well and truly bogged down. Hopefully their conference will kickstart the conversation in a more interesting direction.

(Btw the monkey forest at Trentham is excellent and may cure you of your dislike).

We haven't evolved that much really have we? I went to college with a lad who liked to moon a lot. He was eventually cured of it when he fell out of a bedroom window doing it.

My vague recollections of both the zoo and the circus all carry a faint feeling of being freaked out, strangely apart from the clowns which I loved.

Nothing to do with the Labour government but that conversation seems to have got well and truly bogged down. Hopefully their conference will kickstart the conversation in a more interesting direction.

(Btw the monkey forest at Trentham is excellent and may cure you of your dislike).
Without wanting to derail the thread, I doubt it lol
My son lives in Czech Republic and we went to the zoo in Jihlava last year when I visited. The monkey there showed it's arse to me too...perhaps it's just me hahaha. And as @Vic said ..they do other things too ;-)
Much prefer baby elephants.

Yet here we are and very quietly, Starmer and co are saying they won’t accept anymore free clothes despite claiming for days no rules where broken and many on here saying nothing to see, move on……

Clearly the mood music is changing, someone at the top feels things have not been done correctly and there are things to see and that have to stop.

Starmer promised he would ban the freebies completely whilst leader of the opposition. He hasn’t, he and others have been exposed as being a tad hypocritical over the issue and are now busy trying to row back.

Let’s see if he is good to his word and Parliament puts a stop to MP’s receiving free gifts which we all know are never ever really free.

He does he will get the plaudits, he doesn’t, he will get stick and rightly so.

When did he say this?

I've had a look but can't find anything about banning gifts and it would be a good gotcha for the press to cite in their recent coverage.

Yet here we are and very quietly, Starmer and co are saying they won’t accept anymore free clothes despite claiming for days no rules where broken and many on here saying nothing to see, move on……

Clearly the mood music is changing, someone at the top feels things have not been done correctly and there are things to see and that have to stop.

Starmer promised he would ban the freebies completely whilst leader of the opposition. He hasn’t, he and others have been exposed as being a tad hypocritical over the issue and are now busy trying to row back.

Let’s see if he is good to his word and Parliament puts a stop to MP’s receiving free gifts which we all know are never ever really free.

He does he will get the plaudits, he doesn’t, he will get stick and rightly so.
I agree, let's see if he is as good as his word. I'll go on record by saying no politician, of any persuasion, should be claiming gifts off anyone. And I've already gone on record with criticism of the WFA being taken from many. But I'm not going to be drawn into the pontificating of GB News, of all outlets.

What I find funny are the numerous posters, and they know who they are, now expressing concern over the neediest in society being shat on; and for fifteen years prior they maintained radio silence on these issues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.