The Labour Government

If this was a Tory Home Sec or PM then Cooper would be in hi-viz wearing a stab vest for full photo - op emphasis

I picked up her comment about building prisons, law and order on the cards and bang the baddies up for a bit of well deserved porridge.

Super stuff.

Being reported that the renationalisation of the rail companies will be announced in the King's Speech. I assume this means that contracts won't be renewed when they expire.

Water companies next, please.
My understanding is that as the Train Operating Companies' contracts come to an end different parts of the railway will be brought back into public ownership. This will take about four years.

What will be interesting to see is whether any compensation will be paid out. If so, this has the potential to slow down or even prevent other public utilities being brought back into public ownership.

However it's done it's likely that the same people will be running the same locos and rolling stock for e.g., but will be directly accountable to the government rather that some shadowy shareholders who are quick to take the dividends but slow to invest.

Thing with it is and its the reason why he has brought people into the fold from outside by means of the Lords is that you need Political people with Political experience.

Johnson purged his Party of all people like that favouring people who were loyal to him and Brexit. And that was their biggest issue - a lot of Junior then later full Ministerial roles went to the 2019 intake who were loyal but inexperienced and as thick as mince.

With the number of new MP's for Labour Starmer is rightfully avoiding the same mistake and isn't taking "getting elected" as full confirmation that you are Politically adept
I welcome the likes of Timpson being involved.

My understanding is that as the Train Operating Companies' contracts come to an end different parts of the railway will be brought back into public ownership. This will take about four years.

What will be interesting to see is whether any compensation will be paid out. If so, this has the potential to slow down or even prevent other public utilities being brought back into public ownership.

However it's done it's likely that the same people will be running the same locos and rolling stock for e.g., but will be directly accountable to the government rather that some shadowy shareholders who are quick to take the dividends but slow to invest.

If they're any good or the best people at running them, and don't have to listen to people wanting money, I'm not too bothered if it's the same people.

What needs to be put into place is much ticket price simplification and not ever increasing costs (get rid of the concept of protected and unprotected fares that have been abused by operators), and decent services where they've been allowed to decay.

An added benefit of this policy, is that those jailed for corruption can have assets recovered under POCA which can be redesigned as HMO's and reducing the housing shortage greatly.

We need to make politicians fearful if they are even considering being corrupt, same for the parasites who make money with government protection.

The pound will be interesting to watch the week.
If it breaks above 1.286 by Thursday then it’ll confirm its bullish trajectory. Certainly for this short/mid-term.
I think it lost a little ground today against the Euro which I suspect is due to progress being made in France, but I agree - if it gains a full cent within a week against the dollar that will be very encouraging

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.