The Labour Government

There is an ounce of truth in what you say. We have a less political uncertainty now - Sunak was facing a rising call for a vote of no confidence in the days leading up to calling an election. Markets don’t like uncertainty.

It’s just a little bit though in the overall scheme of things. UK indices have long underperformed other global indices, primarily as it’s so weighted to resources rather than booming stocks in luxury goods, AI, and the obsession with anti obesity drugs.

These have started to drop off now and the UK shares look good value particularly against a back drop of better economic data that show us returning to growth. The UK economy has proven resilient and so long as that can be sustained it’s fair to consider the UK stocks might be entering a period of rises.

Certainly nothing negative in the UK being under new management but it’s not all down to that fact. Not at all.
The one thing that's definitely true is the FTSE has never been reflective of the true economy. I think this is the mistake that successive governments and certainly economists make. They believe the financial sector and big business is representative of the larger economy but it really isn't. The real economy is the job industries like manufacturing but that has largely fallen out of line, especially in comparison to huge powerhouses like Germany.

The UK population demographic is not reflective of big business except perhaps at the lower levels of companies like Tesco who employ a lot of people but it's low level so hardly impactful. The biggest UK companies are not manufacturing companies, they're finance and commodity companies like HSBC, BP etc. The share price and performance of these is irrelevant to most except for when it comes to pensions.

It's again part and parcel of why certain demographics are rebelling against the 'establishment'. They don't think that anybody stands for them and certainly not in the north where our cut of the pie is non-existent... The 'establishment' has no answer to that however because of voting power they're now spending time teaching folk to blame immigrants instead.

Brexit was a rejection of that too which is another thing that many fail to understand. Most just do not understand that the so called stupid people who voted for Brexit voted for it because they were poor before Brexit and regardless of what happens to the economy they're still going to be poor now that we're out.

Play silly games win silly prizes - I mean why accept a position when in a few weeks you could be fired by the new incumbent. Sunak once again not a leader simply a little bloke held hostage by his part and too spineless to just walk away

Feel free to put me on ignore fact is she resigned due to dishonesty ripping off the tax payer and resigned in disgrace and as per her own mouth said those who have been disgraced should not be then given a peerage to sit in house of lords but then is happy to do that . Sleaze has no political colour or to be a hypocrite
Don’t forget David Cameron’s wanking shed.

It'll be a big pointer on confidence in Labour's policies if the BoE drops the interest rates, I got the feeling they could have last month but, probably wanted a change of Govt.

Although there's no direct affect to my circumstances a drop would be much more welcome and valuable to a big chunk of the population than pissing about with a penny of Income Tax/NI Conts.

Be interesting to see how they deal with the junior doctors today, 35% is unrealistic, although that would bring them upto 2010 levels. I suppose it will show how much money is in the pot.

Is it me or have Labour brought some statesmanship back to our politics?

Quite enjoying this way of governing, almost as if it was always supposed to be like this.

I feel the same.

However, politics is politics, media will turn on them eventually, they will make mistakes, have their own scandals to deal with and sooner or later majority will get angry and demand a change. The cycle of politics.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.