The Labour Government

How much more time?
Is it 3, 6, 12, or even 24 months?
He got elected on a promise that he would ‘smash the gangs’ and I genuinely hope he does. But a goal without a timeframe is a dream. Or is it just another soundbite…
You well know that it takes time-think along the lines of that well known soundbite "Get Brexit Done". And that hasn't even been done in years, never mind months despite us having "sovereignty" and making it exactly how we wanted it to be!!

I actually hate tit for tat politics, but after 14 years there is very little a Tory supporter can whinge about without it having been done by themselves many times over. Hypocrisy abounds!

It is early days for this government, but it is fair to say everybody on here must be at least a little dissapointed in what has come to light in recent weeks. We all expected a bit better than all this freebies and access for freebies stuff. Harriet Harman has effectively said as much aswel. Starmer needs to get his house in order sharpish.
But is it a case of Leopards not changing their spots?

The hope for Labour supporters would be that Starmer's accepting gifts and questionable decision-making are just blips, and once these are out of the way, it will be plain(er) sailing.

But l don't think so. The spotlight does not shine anything like so brightly on the person in the wings, and now he's centre stage, I think we are seeing him for what he is.

He was on the TV over the weekend giving some speech at some factory or other - I only caught his speech not the whole event, so sure where he was. But I was struck by just how much creepy shit he came out with, aimed purely and simply at buttering up his audience. He'll go on to the next one and come out with an entirely different crock of shit, tailored to the next audience.

I think his behaviour, excessive expenses, trousering gifts, coming out with random lame excuses; these are not root causes of current Labour issues. They are symptoms of the man at the top. Someone who lacks a moral compass and who's real prime motivation has nothing to do with making the country better, but is all about him, his power, his ambition, his wealth. Someone who is arrogant enough to believe he is superior to everyone around him.

The hope for Labour supporters would be that Starmer's accepting gifts and questionable decision-making are just blips, and once these are out of the way, it will be plain(er) sailing.

But l don't think so. The spotlight does not shine anything like so brightly on the person in the wings, and now he's centre stage, I think we are seeing him for what he is.

He was on the TV over the weekend giving some speech at some factory or other - I only caught his speech not the whole event, so sure where he was. But I was struck by just how much creepy shit he came out with, aimed purely and simply at buttering up his audience. He'll go on to the next one and come out with an entirely different crock of shit, tailored to the next audience.

I think his behaviour, excessive expenses, trousering gifts, coming out with random lame excuses; these are not root causes of current Labour issues. They are symptoms of the man at the top. Someone who lacks a moral compass and who's real prime motivation has nothing to do with making the country better, but is all about him, his power, his ambition, his wealth and his legacy.
Admit it, you've just finished Johnson's ramblings and got them mixed up. Again sheer hypocrisy.

I think his behaviour, excessive expenses, trousering gifts, coming out with random lame excuses; these are not root causes of current Labour issues. They are symptoms of the man at the top. Someone who lacks a moral compass and who's real prime motivation has nothing to do with making the country better, but is all about him, his power, his ambition, his wealth. Someone who is arrogant enough to believe he is superior to everyone around him.
Going to be a long 10 years for you.

Admit it, you've just finished Johnson's ramblings and got them mixed up. Again sheer hypocrisy.
You clearly don't understand the word hypocrisy.

By definition, it cannot be hypocritical to provide a perspective on Starmer when I have not provided any alternative perspective on Johnson. And BTW if I had, I would have said much the same things, so no hypocrisy would apply in any event.

Get over yourself.
So I'm less entitled to have an opinion than you am I?

I think 10 years of Labour would be an unmitigated disaster for our country.

Of the paltry 20% of the electorate who dragged themselves out to vote for this shower, doubtless many if them thought that after 14 years of an abjectly awful Tory party rule, "anything must be better than this". Well as we are seeing, and will continue to see, no, anything is not better.

Yes, the Tory party was broken and needed a reset. But jumping out of the frying pan into the fire, is not an improvement. The party that constantly moaned about the level of Tory taxes, is now going to put them up. The party that moaned about sleeze and cronyism, is seen to be all about sleeze and cronyism. The party that said it would obey fiscal rules, is about the change the rules so it can break them. This is going to be a car crash.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.