The Labour Government

Super off-peak single £64.30 each way, any train Sunday. Any train back from York from 1002 onwards - not valid via London so has to be change at Stevenage.

At some times it's cheaper via Ely.
where's the "thread Police"? Don't you know this forum is about Labour? I go away for a day and it's descended into train fares!!!!!!!!!

Labour under Great British Railways will fix fares (including companies hiding cheaper fares).
They need to simplify the fares and fuck off exterior companies such as Trainline from selling them, as they take profit outside the industry and often issue wrong tickets that are non refundable and make passengers pay again. Also non specific TOC only tickets is another scam.

Companies keep all the profits from that rather than it's paid into the collective revenue pot and split. They deliberately over subscribe them to profit over investing in more rolling stock to provide the service people have paid for.

I feel embarrassed when I see passengers who've quite rightly purchased the cheapest tickets which may mean having to wait at a station for 4 hours for their ticket to be valid for the next part of their journey.

For example Nottingham to Liverpool for £8.

Split ticket.

Catch 1147 to Sheffield (Which goes to Liverpool)

Change Sheffield to catch 1540 to Liverpool to complete the journey.

Some of my colleagues will happily charge them the standard open single to stay on the train, which is allowed under the national conditions of carriage.

I would like the new government to improve the deal for passengers.

Passenger numbers are now higher than pre COVID, yet companies won't cater accordingly to profit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.