The Labour Government

Rightly so, last time I had McDs was after the Champions league match against Celtic in 2016. Ended up with food poisoning, rough as a badgers arse for 48 hrs afterwards and thats saying something as I've eaten all sorts of food, all over the world.
I used to love them but the last few times I had them I felt fucking awful about 6 hours later, I just felt sick no idea why, I love the smell but I won’t touch them now.

Fucking Labour government ruining McDonald’s and giving people food poisoning!! Bring back the Conform Party!

Fwiw I eat out most days in fairly decent restaurants but I’m still not averse to a maccies delivery when I’m feeling a bit rough from the night before.
Maybe the ones in Spain are better?

Kids are hard to please we when it comes to food I have a 12 year old if she could live off chicken nuggets it sausage chips and gravy she would. We almost force to eat other stuff but slowly and surely she’s come round to healthy stir fry or pasta dishes. I saw a piece on sky I think it was about how kids in Japan love broccoli etc as they are brought up not to hate it. I don’t think it’s a time thing I think it’s a laziness and convenience. My daughter won’t even eat McDs anymore she’d rather have home cooked stuff. She’s currently doing Food tech or in my day it was called home economics learning to make healthy foods it’s great and she’s loving doing it, maybe schools are lacking in this but it’s not down to them it’s down to parents to do it. But like everything these days it will be the government’s fault!

No it's not any single government's fault more a succession of policy decisions and societal changes that have led us to where we are today. Whether or not it's the governments fault or not I take an interventionist view that says if government can help it should especially for the kids whose parents are either unwilling and/or unable to help their kids because it helps break the generational groundhog day cycle that exists for some families, which ultimately benefits us all. Food tech in schools I really like but at my own kids school the parents have to provide the ingredients etc so you're possibly not getting to children who might need it most; if schools were in a position to provide cheapish but nutritious ingredients to all children to develop skills it would be costly but what might the longer term benefits be? It's like Sure Start centres, spend the money early in the child's life and it'll reap rewards.

Sort of related there's loads of fascinating research done on the impact of nutrition on mental health particularly around depression and anxiety, it's a bit chicken and egg but crap diet and poor mental health often go hand in hand. I read about one trial which was about introducing vegetables into the diet of people who had poor diets and poor mental health, they paid for people's vegetables for a period of time and taught them how to use them in a variety of different ways. The impact in improved wellbeing and health wasn't just statistically significant it was huge (it's obviously not just the food it's the therapeutic value of the process etc but the nutrition itself significantly impacts the hippocampus etc). What was really interesting to me was it wasn't expensive stuff either, I think the research budget only supported supply of the very cheapest frozen mixed veg and yet that on it's own had a really positive impact. Think it's this lot http://www.isnpr.org Ditch the politics and the whole debate about the deserving vs undeserving poor etc and follow the science.

No it's not any single government's fault more a succession of policy decisions and societal changes that have led us to where we are today. Whether or not it's the governments fault or not I take an interventionist view that says if government can help it should especially for the kids whose parents are either unwilling and/or unable to help their kids because it helps break the generational groundhog day cycle that exists for some families, which ultimately benefits us all. Food tech in schools I really like but at my own kids school the parents have to provide the ingredients etc so you're possibly not getting to children who might need it most; if schools were in a position to provide cheapish but nutritious ingredients to all children to develop skills it would be costly but what might the longer term benefits be? It's like Sure Start centres, spend the money early in the child's life and it'll reap rewards.

Sort of related there's loads of fascinating research done on the impact of nutrition on mental health particularly around depression and anxiety, it's a bit chicken and egg but crap diet and poor mental health often go hand in hand. I read about one trial which was about introducing vegetables into the diet of people who had poor diets and poor mental health, they paid for people's vegetables for a period of time and taught them how to use them in a variety of different ways. The impact in improved wellbeing and health wasn't just statistically significant it was huge (it's obviously not just the food it's the therapeutic value of the process etc but the nutrition itself significantly impacts the hippocampus etc). What was really interesting to me was it wasn't expensive stuff either, I think the research budget only supported supply of the very cheapest frozen mixed veg and yet that on it's own had a really positive impact. Think it's this lot http://www.isnpr.org Ditch the politics and the whole debate about the deserving vs undeserving poor etc and follow the science.
Ye we have to supply some of the ingredients at our school which is no big deal for us certainly. I did hear somewhere that frozen veg is still good for you so there really is no excuse on that part. Like you say consecutive governments are partly to blame, it all started with the milk thief Thatcher.

Kids are hard to please we when it comes to food I have a 12 year old if she could live off chicken nuggets it sausage chips and gravy she would. We almost force to eat other stuff but slowly and surely she’s come round to healthy stir fry or pasta dishes. I saw a piece on sky I think it was about how kids in Japan love broccoli etc as they are brought up not to hate it. I don’t think it’s a time thing I think it’s a laziness and convenience. My daughter won’t even eat McDs anymore she’d rather have home cooked stuff. She’s currently doing Food tech or in my day it was called home economics learning to make healthy foods it’s great and she’s loving doing it, maybe schools are lacking in this but it’s not down to them it’s down to parents to do it. But like everything these days it will be the government’s fault!

always cooked from fresh - from going on solids both ours had what we had just when very little mushed up and with no salt and pepper. People were amazed

"how do you get yours to eat broccoli? How do you get yours to eat fruit?"

Easy answer was have it in the house and serve it to them and MOST IMPORTANTLY its lovely food never say to them bitter/horrible broccoli - say we all enjoy it and they join in

always cooked from fresh - from going on solids both ours had what we had just when very little mushed up and with no salt and pepper. People were amazed

"how do you get yours to eat broccoli? How do you get yours to eat fruit?"

Easy answer was have it in the house and serve it to them and MOST IMPORTANTLY its lovely food never say to them bitter/horrible broccoli - say we all enjoy it and they join in
Not overcooking it helps too.

Which benefits are being slashed?

GaKLgnwXQAA5A9g

All for this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.