The Labour Government

Assume it's because it hasn't happened yet
Although, DK does have a point.

Where are these people when they’ve jumped on every story going? Do they really care about those on the lesser side of the economics, or is it just a chance to use an issue to put the boot in?

Me, I’d rather lift those out of poverty and give them a decent living. That is part of a civilised society, we just seem to be going backwards.

Although, DK does have a point.

Where are these people when they’ve jumped on every story going? Do they really care about those on the lesser side of the economics, or is it just a chance to use an issue to put the boot in?

Me, I’d rather lift those out of poverty and give them a decent living. That is part of a civilised society, we just seem to be going backwards.
You can't get outraged until you know the detail. If the plan is to cut fraud and get people into work with job creation fair play, but simple removal of a benefit eg single person council tax, Attendance allowance etc then I am sure the boots will go in at the moment all we have is rumour.

You can't get outraged until you know the detail. If the plan is to cut fraud and get people into work with job creation fair play, but simple removal of a benefit eg single person council tax, Attendance allowance etc then I am sure the boots will go in at the moment all we have is rumour.
I’ve listened, day after day, as those supposed policies are rolled out, only to find out that they are not policies but made up bollocks to rile and divide a nation.

For those who were quite vocal about the WFA being axed (as I was fwiw) can I ask why you're so quiet on other benefits being slashed?
Because getting irate about something that hasn't yet happened is stupid. As before some seem to be in forever PR mode for Labour..

A bit like promoting things they haven't done yet.

Will, plan to, May and when the time is right is of no use to anyone. Neither is moaning about policies not yet brought in.

Too many have a biased agenda to sell, I can never work out why.

Because getting irate about something that hasn't yet happened is stupid. As before some seem to be in forever PR mode for Labour..

A bit like promoting things they haven't done yet.

Will, plan to, May and when the time is right is of no use to anyone. Neither is moaning about policies not yet brought in.

Too many have a biased agenda to sell, I can never work out why.
Exactly, do it, prove it fixed the problem and it’s not a temporary sticking plaster and then get a pat on the back.

Lots of people have good intentions and ideas, some even turn them into reality but very few follow it through to it’s conclusion and resolve the original problem. It’s the latter group that you need in both business and government.

They need time, but at present I’m neither impressed nor disappointed. When they have been in 2 yrs then I might have formed an opinion. As I’ve said before the only red line is if they look like they are going to collapse the economy a la Truss.

Exactly, do it, prove it fixed the problem and it’s not a temporary sticking plaster and then get a pat on the back.

Lots of people have good intentions and ideas, some even turn them into reality but very few follow it through to it’s conclusion and resolve the original problem. It’s the latter group that you need in both business and government.

They need time, but at present I’m neither impressed nor disappointed. When they have been in 2 yrs then I might have formed an opinion. As I’ve said before the only red line is if they look like they are going to collapse the economy a la Truss.

We have set low bars based on our experience of continued disappointment. It seems more logical to me that people would tend to be more negative than positive.
Af the end of the day come election time one has to pick a side even not voting is making a choice.
The really sad part is when the choice has been made posters have to try and justify it day in day out to strangers on a forum.

We have set low bars based on our experience of continued disappointment. It seems more logical to me that people would tend to be more negative than positive.
Af the end of the day come election time one has to pick a side even not voting is making a choice.
The really sad part is when the choice has been made posters have to try and justify it day in day out to strangers on a forum.

Confirmation bias is hard to overcome for us all. It requires we're open to other ideas and that we listen hard. It's probably easier to do in 1-2-1 conversations and dialogue because that cuts out the noise. So pretty much the opposite of what we use to discuss politics these days!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.