The Labour Government

It was a specially chartered plane not a scheduled flight us oinks take.

I realise that :-) I was just being facetious in terms of what type of rider him and his entourage must need to get themselves up for a bit of faux negotiating.

Personally I don't actually have a problem with them using chartered flights if security and/or timing is an issue but they should be able to clearly justify on these grounds. This just sounds like a we'll be out on our arses soon so let's fill our boots works outing at the tax payers expense.

I realise that :-) I was just being facetious in terms of what type of rider him and his entourage must need to get themselves up for a bit of faux negotiating.

Personally I don't actually have a problem with them using chartered flights if security and/or timing is an issue but they should be able to clearly justify on these grounds. This just sounds like a we'll be out on our arses soon so let's fill our boots works outing at the tax payers expense.

I don’t really buy the security argument. They can ask the airline to close off a section for them with a curtain. Stick a couple of armed guards on the plane with them and bobs your uncle.

Plenty of celebrities travel with us common folk, why? Because they’d need to pay for the private plane themselves if they didn’t, like that Swift lass.

I’m sure we’d all travel by private jet if someone else was paying ;)

I agree.

£50k is not a massive salary nowadays and it can be unproductive because those kind of salaries fall under the brackets of skilled workers and not rich CEO's who won't care and don't rely upon hourly pay.

I'm at that point myself, I earn just above £50k and I don't bother with overtime because what's the point when 40% is taken from me? It certainly can boost my pension but not really my income.

This is why I'm not surprised that the government gave the train drivers and doctors their payrises, they know they'll get most of it back!
Try to see if your employer can give you salary sacrifice regarding your pension to get you back below £50k. You only pay 40% on the bit above £50k. You are effectively throwing away 40% tax relief on pension contributions. I wouldn't be artificially capping my salary to avoid paying 40% tax on some of it. The same deosn't apply at £99999 whn once you go above £100k the marginal rate is 60%.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.